Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

VLLD assassin (or other characters)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by gods_pawn, Mar 28, 2004.

1. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

VLLD assassin (or other characters)

hey, i remember having a v1.09 lvl 9 duelin assassin, man was she fun. but i can't for the life of me remember what worked! does anyone remember where that guide was on them, or have any suggestions on how to make a killer lvl 9 assassin dueler?

together i'm sure we can create one beast of a lvl 9 duelin machine.

i remember that pelta lunata worked great, and that flawed rubies were the way to go for boosting life, and so were the +2 dex/str small charms. i've been been collecting some gear as i've been playing. i also remember joining bloody run games or baal games and challenging lvl 40s and taking on 4-5 at a time, wow was that fun. of course, the ensuing remarks of me "being a haxxor" was just as entertaining!

thanks in advance.

2. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

Ok, I'm sorry, but I for one am completely confused. Could you please clarify what you mean/give more information on what you are looking for?

3. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

:thumbsup: sure thing

i am looking to make a Very Low Level Dueler, hence, VLLD.

that is, you make an assassin and level her to 9 (the very first level available for hostility) and get her rushed through normal/nm/hell for the +stats/+skills/+resists quests, and any others you find beneficial. THEN you optimized your skills, attain max block, get fast speed, and generally make her as strong as possible, and go out dueling at the ripe ol level of 9.

i have personally forgotton what works great for this, but remember reading a guide somewhere and was wondering if anyone knew where it was, OR had any suggestions on ways to make a strong level 9, as rules have changed a bit in 1.10.

thanks again.

4. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

breaking it down:

firstly, why assassin? and why in this forum?
    well, its a stategy, and the assassin forum gave me no help, and referred me here.

why the assassin?

Because of her awesome ability to increase her damage using tiger strike, one of the most useful and damaging skills at clvl 1.

STATS AND SKILLS

stats and skills available at clvl 9:
    (this is assuming a hell rush and all stat/skill quests done)

Skill points: 12(for skills quests) + 8(leveling 1-9) = 20 points available
    Stat points: 15(for stat quests) + 40(leveling 1-9) = 55 points available

Assassin beginning stats:
    Strength: 20
    Dexterity: 20
    Vitality: 20 (+3 life/stat point, +2 per lvl up)
    Energy: 25 (+1.5 mana/stat point, +1.5 per lvl up)

Base @ clvl 1: Life: 50 Mana: 25
    Base @ clvl 9: Life: 68 Mana: 37

Note: After doing all the anya quests, you will have a base resistance of 30 all :thumbsup:

Now, how should the stats be arranged? Well, since we are dealing at such a low level, charms will be VERY crucial to getting the stats we need, as only 55 are there to play around with.

Most crucial i would say is achieving 45 dex total, to get 75% blocking with pelta lunata. +2 str or +2 dex small charms are the highest suffix possible that a level 9 can use. great thing about this is all you have to do is find an ilvl 1 sc (found in blood moor or den of evil, i believe) and reroll it until a +2 is found. since there are a pretty low amount of mods available, it will not take long. so ideally, all your dex needs can be achieved through charms.

more later. it's late.

5. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

I believe +15 life can spawn on large charms, making it better than +str/dex

edit: you forgot to add 60 to your life. act3 quest1 al jade figurine :lol:

6. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

indeed i did, thanks! i'm infamous for forgetting things :uhhuh:

for str/dex, i would say 2 rows of each would suffice, effectively adding +16 to each, where we can let stats cover the rest.

meaning:

base @lvl9:

life: 128 mana: 37
    strength(with charms): 36
    dexterity(with charms): 36 + 9 of hard stat points = 45 dex, max block w/pelta

so 46 points are still left to play around with. next we must consider a good claw, as claw mastery (available a clvl1 as well) will greatly accomidate the use of one. i would highly suggest an ethereal sup scissors katar with 3 sockets perhaps, one for hel and the other 2 for +max jewels, as these will greatly boost damage. a good rare would even suffice.

argh, i hate cutting this short, but i keep doing this either at 3am or in between classes. more to come.

hey, feel free to jump in and add some insite!!

7. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

+str/+dex charms at that level are a waste. 15 life large charms = 5 stat points for 2 spaces in the inventory. Everytime you use a +2 strength or +2 dexterity large charm, you end up losing a comparative 9 life.

Ethereal 3 socket Scissors Katars, while being a decent choice, cannot only hit the 7/8 frame break with 10% IAS on the claw and +1 from Sigon's Shield, along with having max BOS. Compare that to a pair of Blade Talons, which hit the break, and have comparable, if not more damage, since you don't have to pump strength to 75.

At Level 9, rare Blade Talons with the right mods will ALWAYS be better than any other option out there. For example, my dream claw setup has the following prefixes (Fine, Silver, Mechanic's) and the following suffixes (of Self-Repair, of Maiming, of the Leech/of Readiness).

~Hearts~

8. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I remember the guide that your talking about and was surprised that they yanked it from the compendium. I know the guy used a lot of flawed rubies for his armor. Burst of Speed played a big part of his build as well.

Assuming raw skill points i'd go along these lines:

9 Tiger Strike
    7 Claw Mastery
    4 Burst of Speed

Item wise I wana say it was:

Gloves: Bloodfist (for 40 life), or Death's hands (for life leech with belt)
    Belt: Death's Guard (just for can not be frozen)
    Boots: Gorefoot
    Shield: Umbral Disk (+20 life, 60% block, and 10 dex)
    Helm: 3 socketed crown with flawed rubies
    Armor: 3 socketed light plate with flawed rubies
    Weapon: Blade Talons (preferrably sharp blade talons of readiness)

I'd go blade talons over scissor katars for the speed. You need to charge up fast and release fast. If I had one with 10% IAS then I'd go Bloodfist gloves. If not I'd use the Death hands to get to the 7.5 frame break point on the claws. The sharp property is less important than the readiness property on the blade talons so keep that in mind when shopping.

Not sure how low lvl crafting works though but if possible I'd craft:
    Hit Power Helm and Armor for Merc (5% chance to cast frost nova, and attacker takes damage)
    Blood ammy for myself (faster r/w and extra life)
    and either Hit Power rings (5% chance to cast frost nova, and attacker takes damage) or Blood rings (more life) for myself.

That should be pretty nasty... :evil:

edit: almost forgot put some flawed Amythests in the Blade talons for extra AR

9. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

AFAIK war chickens .09 vlld sin guide is still up

in 1.10 its still the same basic build idea except dont use any leech now bc it will be worthless. and getting hell rushed is more time consuming.

i have found building hybrid with TS claw + a 2 kick release, to work very well.

10. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up, it's a very interesting idea. I may try it myself.

11. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I checked the compendium before I posted. If you find it can you post a link?

Pretty interesting with the kick since boot damage wasn't introduced until 1.10. Vidala's would have been perfect as far as the strength req... but the lvl req is too high. Then you'd have to pick between Hsaru's and Sigon's. The strength req on Sigon's is 70 and since you can't socket boots you have to use charms. It's kinda steep.

Hsaru's is the other option and if I ran the numbers correctly it's close to double the damage of the blade talons. Even taking into account that the bloodfist +5 min damage counts towards the blade talons and not the kicks.

The cool thing is that you can now go 3 flawed amythests in the claw and jack-up your AR.

Edit: I don't know how important Defense is vs. blocking in LLDs but if you use Hsaru's boots you may want to look at the shield for the additional AR + Defense bonuses on the partial sets.

12. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

i was thinking that kicks would help a ton, seeing as how the damage they release from charge-ups is multplicitive rather than additive, and just 1 point into them would increase damage by a lot.

and i wasn't sure if speed was more important, so i kind of looked at all the availalbe, and realized i had a ethereal 3 socket claw.

as for getting the dex/str i need, umbral DOES have higher block % as well as +dex, but i believe it was the faster blocking on pelta that made it really shine, and it adds just as much life. i heard that blocking in 1.10 was eliminated to get rid of block locking, in which case pelta wouldn't matter as much.

i also recall that 2 X 12% fhr gc's in conjuction with bloodfists hits a very nice frame of recovery, 6 i believe.

i too can't find that guide in the compedium, which is what started me to post here and recreate one.

but hey, a link for more insite would be welcomed.

also, IIRC, +max jewels don't suffer the 1/6 pvp penalty? they are added straight to damage dealt? in which case, AR charms, 2x perfect nagels or angelics + a nagel would add a nice amount of ar, and +9 max jewels would be more helpful.

i'll have to do some checking on boots to see what would help the most.

13. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

As far as I can tell, +maximum damage jewels are still affected by the 1/6th PvP penalty. I think that +maximum damage/ level is what is added directly after the 1/6th penalty.

Angelic Halos have a level 12 requirement. The best rings would have 80+ AR, stats, and resistances. If one is to go with the Sigon's Greaves setup, I would suggest using the Gloves as well. The +10 str goes a long way to helping out.

Remember, you can get up to 40 AR on a jewel at level 9. 40 AR/9 max jewels are probably the best maximum damage jewels for that level right now.

~Hearts~

14. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

wow, i'm doing great at forgetting important details.... :grrr:

:spy:

still, for the greaves, 50 str total is needed, and that might be a bit tight to obtain.

15. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

and when i say 50, i mean 60. see? you should see my programming, missing semi-colon's everywhere.

syntax is my best friend.