Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

vit stats in HC made easy

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by DemonAbuse, Apr 21, 2016.

1. DemonAbuse

DemonAbuse IncGamers Member

Im a newbie using a ice/bow amazon in hardcore . out of 5 points when i level how many should i send to vit? im dieing too fast and maybe putting too much in dex.

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

What level are you, and where are you in the game? How much life leach do you have? What about knockback? A bowazon should be pretty safe, especially if you remember to summon a decoy out at the edge of the screen to effectively scout for you by drawing monsters to it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. DemonAbuse

I just died so im starting at lvl 1, i dont like to play with any other character or use melee attacks but im not sure if a ice amazon is a good choice since ive heard bad things

@ lvl 28 (when i died)
    I had put many points into cold arrow about 14
    3 each to into dae
    3 to penetrate
    3 critical strike
    1 slow missles

I intend to dump most points into into freezing arrow and valk after lvl 30 a few to pierce

I use my left clicker to shoot normal mana free arrows and right click for my mana draining cold arrows, this seemed to work great with any decent bow and although i dont have good crowd control however I like the punch my arrows have. its tough @ 1st however i rather put most into cold arrow with little crowd control then(@ lvl 30) all that will add to my freezing arrow. your opinion noodle?

I was splitting stat points between dex and vit @ 4dex to 1vit- rarely 2 to vit when i lvl up, but I keep dieing (for silly stuff)and Its very frustrating in hardcore! I wanna know if im not allocating points right in general. im waiting on this info before i play agian.

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

What you're doing should work, although it will be very gear dependent, so you'll need a nice bow. I can't stress enough how useful Decoy can be - cast it at the edge of the screen in the direction you want to go, and let it attract all the monsters while you plink away from a safe distance. If you're facing a tough pack of ranged attackers, cast it behind them. Once you get used to it, you'll find it indispensable. Good luck!

DemonAbuse likes this.
  5. DemonAbuse

so what to do about dieing? i was thinking of low lvl grinding until I can find 2 rubys and soccett them on bodygear?? what do you think? how do I distribute stat points exactly? how much dex is too much? i always seems to be over 90 % hit rate with my AR when I hover with my pointer on cold arrow AR i dont find too much stat point instruction for HC amazons so im uncertain.

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

With good use of Decoy, you shouldn't be getting hit much at all. As far as stats go, I generally go with enough Strength and Dexterity to wear my gear, and the rest to Vitality. (If I'm going with a build with a shield, enough Dexterity for max block.)

Dexterity is an inefficient way to get attack rating - try a few pieces of the Angelic set instead. As you level up, your chance to hit naturally rises.

YogiRat likes this.
  7. DemonAbuse

so would you say a ratio of 3 dex and 2
    im still unsure about the ratio you mean ,since almost everything else on bow amazon ive read so far says pump up dex I thought dex added damage as wellas AR? some build dont even add any to vit ( must not be HC!!!!) I dont know how much to put into strength either exactly? what do you think about the body or head gear and 2 rubys?

8. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Dexterity will add to the physical damage you do, but not the cold damage. If you're a cold-centric build, it's not likely to be meaningful. With a Hardcore build, I put survivability at a higher priority than pure damage anyway.

A couple rubies in your gear could help in the short term. Once you're level 40+, I think you'll find it less significant.

9. DemonAbuse

im maxing cold arrow with my right click and normal arrow with my left click and i use both so I guess i do need dex, Cold arrow has some physical damage so i guess i overall need dex ( am i wrong about cold having some phyical damage?)

BTW adding more to vit this time and not coming close to dieing

Bows. are you super pickey with socceted bows ? I have good runes etc soccett but Im level 19 and cant seem to find anything better then a normal 3 soccetted long bow, should i just go with what i got? or hold out? im not using anything that would help my find magical items in hopes for more socceted drops. thanks

10. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Ok, I'm coming in late on this. Yes, 3dex to 2vit is the way to go but you need strength also. I add 1str,2dex,2vit every other level. Exceptional and elite bows require a fair amount of strength to use, so just dex and vit won't work.

On the passive tree, don't bother putting more that one point into D/A/E, those skills are just not worth it. As already mentioned, penetrate, decoy and the Valk are much more useful. Critical strike can a use an extra point or two also.

Have you thought about how you going to deal with cold immunes?

11. DemonAbuse

Thank you for answering, 3 to 2 has been working great in normal, but its good to hear from an experienced player. about cold immunes : i intend to alternate normal arrow,saves n regens mana, sometimes does even more damage then my cold arrow with all the cold points i pump into that skill.

can you explain how dex effects my elemental and normal arrow damage, also does penetrate and AR effect damage?

I find D A E helpful i feel those 8,9 points go a long way I try to never reach for over 30 percent because of dim returns, same for critical strike, however I think i should put more there, what % is a good point to stop at ?

12. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Um, are you playing LOD or classic?

13. DemonAbuse

14. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Ok, rune words or just plain runes are better than gems in bow. Edge (Tir + Tal + Amn) can made in a 3socket bow and can be used at level 25. It should carry you through normal and into nightmare. You really need a physical bow
    skill, either multi or strafe to deal with cold immunes though. Straight arrows will not cut it at higher levels.

15. DemonAbuse

good advice on the edge bow, i made it a few days ago as my 1st rune word i also made a RAL RAL RAL which isnt shabby question about that, does all that fire damage from ral transfer over to cold arrow when i fire them?

why wont normal arrows cut it if im using FA/pierce as crowd control? normal arrows deal more damage then multi.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  16. DemonAbuse

im going to go with FA/strafe. thanks for your suggestions

Is the ladder reset in a month?

17. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Strafe was a good choice.

18. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

First of all, it's "dying". Second of all, HC isn't for noobs.

YogiRat likes this.