Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Viperfork socketing for Fury/Rabies PvM ?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Sherlock, May 16, 2005.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock IncGamers Member

Viperfork socketing for Fury/Rabies PvM ?

Hi all, I am trying to build first Druid ever, so since I have found Viperfork, I would like to ask the forum what to socket in it and help in calculation !

Since I play mainly alone and trade really ocasionally, Poison Facet is out of the question. So is it better to go for more Poison damage (Tal, Perf Emerald or Jewel of Envy with nice Prefix), more speed (Shael or nice IAS jewel) or -req jewel with useful Prefix ?

If I go for more posion damage, what of the above 3 variants is best and how you calculate the damage on weapon (weapon itself has 325 PD over 10 sec, and Perf Eme has 100/7sec, TAL 75/5sec) ?

Sorry for kind-a newb questions guys ! Thanx for answer !

2. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Depends on whether you are building a wolf or a bear.
    For a bear you should shael it, you will gain 2 frames going from 10fpa to 8fpa.

For a wolf it's harder since you won't gain much speed from shaeling. Adding poison sources might not work as well as it should since the poison explosion might overwrite the poison from the weapon pretty often. If you are using the poison to its full capacity(smacking them once and waiting for their demise) you will benefit most from a Mal since it prevents monster heal or a Um which has open wounds.
    Most certainly you will be meleeing the monsters all the time and physical damage will be the deciding factor so you will be best served with Ber, Lo, Ohm or a damage jewel with strength(in best to not-as-good order).

Hope this helps.

3. ChthonVII

ChthonVII IncGamers Member

why bother with mal if they're going to be poisoned and not healing anyway?

4. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Poison doesn't stop monster healing it just negates it if its strong enough, thus you "gain" poison damage when you remove monster healing. I'm not sure though which is more effective, using a Mal for PMH or Um for OW.
    Hope this makes sence.

5. Sherlock

Sherlock IncGamers Member

Thanx for support guys ! I really appreciate the answers and suggestions u gave me, regards :))) !!