video trouble

fiend!

Banned
video trouble

Whenever I watch movies on my computer they are very grainy. I just installed a new harddrive and got all my programs up on it, but I have this problem. I've tried different media players but the video looks bad on all of them. Any ideas as to what I can do?

Only videos have this resolution problem, all other imaging and games and interface is normal.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
What kind of videos? If you are watching compressed low-res videos in full screen,they will look grainy.Or is it DVDs or Div X or VCDs?

Are you using the latest drivers for you system (motherboard & video card especially)?

Rik

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
fiend! said:
512mb ram
geforce 6800
p4 3.0 ghz
pci-e motherboard
Thats a beefy system.The problem could only be software.You still didnt say what kind of videos. :mad: Have you trided DVD's? Ar you using windows media player?

Try turning anti-aliasing off, it may sound cazy,but it helpmed me solve a lot of problems & try adjusting settings in Nvidia control panel.

Rik

fiend!

Banned
im still having a problem with videos that i download - all the soccer clips from my teams website are washed out and so are any other downloads from the internet. i tried using different players [quicktime, winamp] but the result was the same. even the cinematic portions of my video games are messed up [at least in warcraft III FT].

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
If the videos in games are also messed up then it can't really be codec related.

I don't know if games use the video overlay for this, but I would probably check the driver settings for the video overlay just to be sure...