Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Video Drivers

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by fistofyah, Apr 27, 2008.

1. fistofyah

fistofyah IncGamers Member

Video Drivers

So I can't get D2 to run on my comp. It's got windows vista, which does have issues running that game, but I opened it in admin mode like it said to at the blizzard website and am still experiencing gameplay issues, names the game gets extremely choppy once I enter the US East Server and especially if I opened the map in game. Blizzard said I should update my drivers, but where/how do I do that? Thanks a ton.

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Re: Video Drivers

Does single player work fine? What video mode did you select when you installed the game (2D or 3D)? They drivers they'll most likely want you to update is the video card drivers. You should be able to find your video card details by using dxdiag (put that word in the run command, which should be located directly on the vista start menu if you've enabled it). Then just look for the manufacturers website to get the new drivers.

Note I've moved this to 1.11 bugs and suggestions as that forum doubles as abit of a tech support forum.

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

Re: Video Drivers

also try running D2VidTst.exe from your d2 install folder and setting it to 2d(ddraw)

4. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member