Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Viable starter builds..

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Barnical, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Barnical

Barnical IncGamers Member

Viable starter builds..

Yeah I know many of you went into this post wanting to type, "Meteorb, or summoner FTW!" Well, I understand that Meteorb and Summoners ARE the most viable untwinked builds. However, I wanted to try others who are also good at MF. Such as..Lightning amazon (From Jeks guide) which I did make, and shes good for pits, but what about someone else thats good for another area with level 85+ drops?

Due note this is completely untwinked, I'm new to Diablo 2 again and I have next to nothing. But if it boils down to it, which guide in the sorceress library would be the best meteorb, and which would be the best Summoner guide in the necromancer tomb. I've tried the meteorb, but I simply couldn't master it, I died way to much.

2. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

no idea on the meteorb. but for summoner you should maybe look into the fishymancer:smiley:

3. sungam

sungam IncGamers Member

I played a hammerdin as my first char and finsihed hell with him then used him for pit runs, etc. Didnt trade or buy anything to help him out. A spirit shield and spirit sword took me into hell then it was just a question of finding some decent uniques.

4. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

Strafeazon is more than viable and easy enough on a budget. Max Strafe, Critical, Penetrate, Valk, and maybe Guided to deal with immunes.

5. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Ya know, I used to be a big fan of meteorbs and fishymancers. But I'm really diggin my pure light sorc. Slap a nice Colossus Voulge insight on a freeze merc, and I can solo just about anywhere (light immunes are a pain, but I'm working my way up to infinity). She's my primary mf character now as the killing speed is just awesome. I like my fishymancer, but I find the killing speed a little slow for my taste. I never got enigma for him, so that's probably a lot of it. But I can run pits, Andariel, Meph, Arcane, pindy/shrenk/eldritch in lightning speed (hyuck). Even Baal isn't too bad if you're careful.

6. hookserdoo

hookserdoo IncGamers Member

You may laugh, but an IK barb is my primary MF'er. I stuck shaels in the maul for WW speed, then topazes in both the helm and armor. With two nagels for rings (29% and 30%), a +skill rare ammy with 25% and loads of charms (including a 36% Gheed's), he tops out at about 325%. He's got a might merc using stone, reaper and steelshade. Resists are still maxed and the char screen shows roughly 5.5K max damage, so he survives quite well while maintaining good kill speed.

He's been able to equip just about every type of character imaginable with his finds, and, when i switch one nagel for nature's peace, is a great keyrunner.

I run a specific pattern: Mausoleum, Tower, Pit, Arcane, Tunnels, Trav, Vaught and occasionally Meph and Baal. I use leap attack to navigate quickly through arcane and howl to scare away nasty packs.

7. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

blizzard sorc is prolly the most powerful untwinked mfer
    with just basic gear (dual spirits, and mostly +mf stuff) you can solo in 8pl areas like a1 mausoleum or a2 ancient tunnels (both lvl85 areas)

not to mention andy and meph ofc, these are a joke
    i can tell because i always make one on each ladder restart

8. BlueOctoberFan

BlueOctoberFan IncGamers Member

I'm a fan of lightning trappers. They can play well untwinked, kill in the 85+ areas (still fear the gloams...).

9. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I ditto the lightning trapper comment. Not overpowered, but insanely safe with Cloak of Shadows. Gloams, once blinded, are easily neutralized with fireblast. One of my alltime favorite builds.

- Noodle

10. McCain123

McCain123 IncGamers Member

Signed. I do the same on the start of each ladder. Blizzard sorcs can basically kill naked, so you can load up on mf and do Hell Mephi, until you get your semi good starter items together.

11. Idalia Snoweyes

Idalia Snoweyes IncGamers Member

I am a fan of the Fishymancer, with a maxed Corpse Explosion. I can run all the 'loot' spots in each Act, all of the key spots, and cows in around 45 minutes, with 300+ Magic Find... little concern for any type of creature, either. The only thing that even gives me pause are the Stygian Dolls and only if I get too far ahead of my army/tp into a group of them.