Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Viable PVP TStormer?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Tib, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Tib

Tib IncGamers Member

Viable PVP TStormer?

Howdy folks. I was toying with the idea of FoH and teleport. Annoyed that FoH didn't trigger 50% of the time and with a spare Griffon, I decided to play with this and see what I can do... now before I actually start 'er off, I wanna run it by the sorc experts... Hi guys!

here's the plan:
    20 LM
    20 ES aka Condom
    20 teleken
    20 Warmth
    20 TS
    rest tele.

Here's the tactic.
    Pimp myself out with fastest teleport, activate TS, and dance around the enemy till he/she/it dies.

The gear:
    Infinity (-49)
    Griff (-15)
    TS Ormus
    Rest is FCR to get max tele :)

Idea is that i hit the +300eld (enhance lightning damage) with even the worst mods on my gear. Question: does +skill gear to LM add ed? Or does it only count for static points? The enemy light resist gear should bring someone from LR95 to LR-50. I hit around lvl 35ish TS, dishing out just shy of 500 avg dmg. With 1/6pvp crap, I should hit 350 - 400 dmg (unless +skills add extra LM, in which case it'd be more...) just over every second, and teleporting indeffinately about thrice per second.

Since I never stop moving, i'll be hard to hit. I've also got condom on (ES) and max block. So IF someone hits me, there's a good chance i'll block it, or won't get too hurt by it... I'm just a wee bit 'fraid of the psn :( It'll be a slow & painfully annoying death (if it works...)

What do y'all think?

2. yuqing

yuqing IncGamers Member

i dont think maxing warmth will be such a hot idea, why not put the points into nova instead, just for those thougher enemies, i feel that warmth is too useless, with a lvl one nova and 10 gcs with your teleport at 1 2 mana, you will be healing mana while you teleport anyways, isnt the idea to dance around? why would you need more mana? most blizz sorcs dont need warmth and their teleport acualy costs mana, opposed to ours, with nova yiu'll be more direct.

3. Tib

Tib IncGamers Member

Good point. I'll look into that :) But it would likely only be useful for slower opponents (conc barbs, etc...)

4. MyUserName

MyUserName IncGamers Member

i dont think TS is as effective as 1.09 anymore.

5. olimikrig

olimikrig IncGamers Member

It most certainly isn't.. It is, however, still very effektive. My Lightning sorc has 1 point in it, with +11 fromgear only, she do roughly about 1000-1500 dmg. with a single TS, and in my eyes, that makes TS a one-point wonder.

I think the idea about TS in PvP is do-able. And again, I have to point out that yuqing is absolutely right. Nova will come in handy. I might actually make such a sorc myself in the future :D

6. Tib

Tib IncGamers Member

I'm not sure that fits the definition of one-point wonder, but I'm not about to argue your reasoning. I'm considering TS as a PRIMARY attack, so it's got to be significantly higher than 1000-1500 dmg.

Nobody's yet responded to my question about whether or not +skill items help LM at all beyond the 20 base points?

7. olimikrig

olimikrig IncGamers Member

Well, in my eyes it does :uhhuh:

And yes, + skills does help LM beyond base 20. FX, at 20 it's +278%, at 21 it's +290%.

8. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

+skills on mastery increases it.

9. Tib

Tib IncGamers Member

Wow, so there's gonna be a lot more damage than i anticipated!

10. Jesse24

Jesse24 IncGamers Member

Please keep us updated, I'm also interested in seeing how much damage you can pull off.

11. Tib

Tib IncGamers Member

Will-do! Just finished my exams and I'm about to sit down and make her :)

Problem is, my infinity requires 200 str :( I'll have to make another...