Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Viability?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by The_Slayer, Mar 18, 2004.

1. The_Slayer

The_Slayer IncGamers Member

Viability?

I wanted to play a different type of sorceress. Will there be any viability for this build in hell difficulty (A charged bolt and frozen orb sorceress)? I remember having a lot of fun with one like this in 1.09 and wanted to "recapture" the magic that I felt while playing this build.

20 CB
    20 L (for CB)
    20 LM
    1 in teleport and telekinesis

20 FO
    10 CM
    10 IB (for FO)
    5 in prerequisites

and 3 wherever

2. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

This is the better build. CB will need more synergy than FO to be effective. Plus you''ll want to use CB as your main attack. CB works, but much like in 1.09 you need lots of +Skills and faster attack rate.

3. Pyromancer88

Pyromancer88 IncGamers Member

im not too good but i like to put in my 2 cents worth so anyway... this build can be called a variant of the charged boltress and yes it is viable. with a editor i tested out lvl 20 cb with maxed syn and it made quite an impressive display

4. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

yeah, this will be very viable build, but you will need to be close to monsters in order to deal lethal amounts of damage - which equates to a change in gear in order to survive the required proximity.

things to shoot for:
    max block
    fast block rate
    fast hit recovery
    high life

you will need VERY LITTLE mana for this build, due to frozen orb being timered, and charged bolt having a ridiculously low mana cost - base mana would probably suffice with decent +mana items. this means you can put more into life, but MAKE SURE you have max block, otherwise you will be shredded to enemies in seconds when you try to get close to get more lightning fizzles (its what i call them, lol) to hit.

post your success - i am very interested in the outcome. and like a previous poster said, synergize CB more to get more efficiency - the ice bolt synergy for frozen orb is such a tiny benefit.

edit: i forgot to include that the cast rate of at least 63% is also a good thing to shoot for.

5. TheAnswerIsSix

TheAnswerIsSix IncGamers Member

1 thing

instead of 10 mastery and 10 ice bolt just go 20 mastery. Ice bolt adds 2% damage per shard, mastery adds 5. Refer to the meteorb sticky and you'll understand why.

6. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Put at least 1 in Mastery. Sticky will show why too, but with plus skills this is always a benefit.