Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Viability Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by JohnnyBravo, Mar 16, 2004.

1. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

Viability Question

With my MA Bowazon in Hell and this project is nearing an end I was thinking about another charater to play. Would this even be possible in in v1.10?

Mastery (not sure which weapon to choose): 20
    Iron Skin: 20
    Natural Resistance: 20
    Increased Speed: ~5
    Maybe some in throwing mastery

The point? No mana usage. It kinda like the old D1 barbarian. Just curious if anyone thinks this might be able to survive Hell, SC of course.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

survive yes, kill, doubt it.
    a barb using just normal pyhsical attacks doesnt killuch past nm in 1.10. youll need a hell of a lot of ele charms and a nice weapon...

3. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

As bob said, it probably wouldn't die too much, it's just that without lots of extra damage from charms and whatnot, it wouldn't be able to kill anything past a1 in hell, and even if it could, it would most likely take forever.

-Pb

4. Pucho

Pucho Banned

IIRC double swing doesnt cost mana at highs levels, and can be synergized, so maybe there you can get the dmg you need

5. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

It's viable... but having to click for each kill might get old after a bit. Also, you don't ever need that many points in natural resistance, as the returns just don't serve you. Maybe save them for something else?

6. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

i'd say you could do it with double swing... just don't use it until you are past slvl 13 cause i think that's where it goes into not costing any mana. and actually if you synergize it you can do decent damage. the nice thing about DS is that it attacks very fast - even faster than frenzy. add in some crushing blow and lots of elemental damage and it could make it. only problem is that without a shield and w/o BO, shout, or war cry, you'll probably get rocked in hell pretty quick.

i would suggest maxing mace mastery, throw mastery, IS, NR, and eventually sword mastery as well, so you can be more versatile. then load up on resist, MDR, and PDR gear. you would want a pretty massive investment into dex so you can hit stuff and so you can have max blocking. then use Stormlash and Gimmershed on the switch... along with some hitpower gloves (knockback) it could be a viable build. this actually sounds like fun! i might have to try it. :D

7. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

What would I put it into? even if I put 20 into Natrual Resistance and Throwing Mastery I'd have skill points left over. I'd end up somewhere around 85 skill points used and only increase stamina and other masteries.

I might consider another skill in the other two trees if it ends up with no mana cost like Magic Arrow. I want to use no mana. I was looking at some unigues and a lot give elemental damage. A few give a lot of it. This combined with Open Wounds, charms, HF Merc, and charged or on striking I thought I could gather up enough damage ro survive.

Of course I've only seen the first half of act 1 Hell. I was throwing around a few ideas for my next project.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

double swing. you shoudl survive long enough to get it to slvl13 when you dont use mana, max it quick. then max 1 mastery (with double swing as main attack, throwing mastery will be useless). only put nat res up to slvl12 (dont max it, the last 8 skill points ain you about 10% extra res, whcih is a complete waste) and then you have enoguh points for synergies to double swing.