Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Viability of this Bone/Skelli Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by rk_fan, Mar 9, 2004.

1. rk_fan

rk_fan IncGamers Member

Viability of this Bone/Skelli Hybrid?

Ahh, currently I'm working on a variant that I think will give me a lot of variety, but I'm not really too sure how it will work out in the later stages of the game... I was wondering if someone can help me see if this build is viable in hell..

Currently I'm at a crossroads, I just maxed Skel Mastery and Raise skeleton, and I'm wondering if I should play it safe and max CE, turning him into a fishymancer since MF is what i'm looking for... or weather this hybrid is worth a shot..

But here it is:
    Summoning tree:
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    20 Raise Skeleton
    1 Clay (main golem)
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Summon Resist
    1 Skeletal Mage
    1 Blood Golem
    1 Iron Golem
    1 Revive

Bone Tree:
    1 Teeth
    1 CE (most commonly used skill with +skill items... it seems to work pretty well with 1 skill point)
    1 Bone Armor
    1 Bone Wall
    1 Bone Prison (synergies working with +to all skills)
    20 Bone Spear
    20 Bone Spirit

Curses:
    1 Amplify Damage
    1 Weaken
    1 Terror
    1 Decrepify
    1 Dim Vision

Adding up to 97 skill points total, with Den, Radament, and Izzy x3 it should be fully powered at level ** with leftover points afterwards going into CE (provided I have the patience to level him higher then that)

What do you think? I'm really aiming to do a little bit of everything but I'm afraid I might be spreading myself too thin =T

Thanks in advance.. =)

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Since you will invest 20/20 in SM/RS it doesn't really matter what you do next. The build will always be Hell viable.

The investment in the bone skills will give you a 809-878 damage Sprit and a 501-532 damage Spear. This is a nice back up for your Skellies, but should not be relied on to effectively kill monsters. It will make the killing go faster.

Why the one point in Prison and IG?

3. rk_fan

rk_fan IncGamers Member

I see.. I'm still debating weather it might just be better off to go max CE and stick the points somewhere else... the damage doesnt sound too bad.. but is it really worth 43 skill points....

Lets see.. IG since it's a prereq for revive.. and Prison since its a synergy to the bone spells.. and who knows maybe it'll come in handy somehow

thanks!

4. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

in your first post you wrote that +alls kills work with synergie, wich is not true... and marrowwalk bug only works if no points is polaced in BP...

5. tl998

tl998 Banned

Put no points in prison. Use marrowwalks. Your B Spirit will now be around 1.5k, and Spear about 960 damage. Not exactly bad I guess...

6. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

I've experimented with this before. It works good, nice for MF.

7. nataku00

nataku00 IncGamers Member

Looks similar to how I went with my skills after maxing warrior/mastery, except I maxed bone wall as a synergy for spirit instead of spear because it's a great synergy for bone armor as well. I didn't put any pts in bone prison with the plan to use the marrowwalk prison synergy bug.

The build is solid since all you really need, as mentioned above, is the summon tree part of the build. What you do with the rest of the pts will only improve your kill speed :p

8. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

NATAKU00 nailed it right about the synergy bone wall will give your armor, while not a necessity since you shouldn't get him much, the use of BA will definately show it's usefullness in late hell.

Everyone is right about all you need is 20 rs / sm

after that it's gravy baby.

g

p.s.
    don't waste points in other golems / mages / revives.

9. Wolfgard

Wolfgard IncGamers Member

Won't having BSpear and Spirit together be better for MFing? BSpear to clear out the groups of enemies and spirit to take out the uniques and bosses? I'm still debating whether to pump points to spirit and bone wall as a synergy or just go ahead with my original plan.

10. HarbingersOfSouls

HarbingersOfSouls IncGamers Member

I agree with you, they would be just a waste of points in the long run anyway. Besides, getting more into Bone skills is what his goal should be anyway.

In fact...you can basically take a pvp bone guy(that uses the marrowalk "feature") and use the remaining points into Skeletons and a few into Mastery....and get the same effect also.

:drink: :buddies:

HoSv2