Veterans come in....History Problems t.t

Veterans come in....History Problems t.t

well Paladin Dueling has evolved so much over the years...

I am just wondering that who invented or popularize some of the builds, strategies and etc...

My history is a bit rusty, but if you know any of the answers to the questions below it will be really helpful.

V/T ( Gaiden ? Godmatik ? TK ? Shadow ?)
Judicator ( this I know is Blade )
C/T/R ( Hida yeah I know again )
Vanquisher ? ( ??? no idea )
Liberator ( Boogalizer ? )
Lightning Resist Stack ( Blade ? )
Lo Setup ( Blade again ?)
Stormshield Setup ? ( not sure Realm ? Blade ? )
Silence Zerker Smiter ? ( Realm ? )
Meditation on Hammerdin/Smiter ? ( ??? )
Vigor + Charge ( ? )
Dual Aura Stack ( Durri ? )
Avenger ( Adon ? )
Fury Zerker V/T ( me ^_^ )
2 Ber Priest Shield ( ?? no idea some Westies ? )
Jeweler's Shield ( Realm ? )
IAS setup for HF Smite ( Blade ? Pen ? )

Andrew

Diabloii.Net Member
I invented the communist..

10 in fanaticism
10 in holy freeze
10 in conviction
10 in charge
10 in zeal
10 in smite
10 in blessed hammer
10 in concentration
10 in holy shield
10 in vengeance
10 in FOH

Rest of points, any where you like (lol). Rules are, every paladin who wants to duel the communist must be a communist too. Same first 100 skills allocated. Needless to say, the idea didn't catch on, as everyone feared the prospect of having equal characters, and having the duel based on pure skill...

note: in 1.09, aura's could be stacked, making this build somewhat interesting, if only people decided to try it

note2: This is a lame joke.

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
Andrew said:
I invented the communist..

10 in fanaticism
10 in holy freeze
10 in conviction
10 in charge
10 in zeal
10 in smite
10 in blessed hammer
10 in concentration
10 in holy shield
10 in vengeance
10 in FOH

Rest of points, any where you like (lol). Rules are, every paladin who wants to duel the communist must be a communist too. Same first 100 skills allocated. Needless to say, the idea didn't catch on, as everyone feared the prospect of having equal characters, and having the duel based on pure skill...

note: in 1.09, aura's could be stacked, making this build somewhat interesting, if only people decided to try it

note2: This is a lame joke.
I like the idea though, lets try it!!

joa_ix

Diabloii.Net Member
i invent the robin-hood build

max thorn (take from the rich and give to the poor and thats me)

i think pen invent all the caster palas (he had a big brain)

:worship: HAIL PENDRAGON THE ALL MIGHTY :worship:

KruxDeValor

Diabloii.Net Member
i dont know the history about who invented what. in classic i had a charger/ bh pally. it wasnt till something like .09 that someone gave the build a name. a liberator if i remember correctly. many of the ideas i believe arent original of the people in this forum. they just gave it a name that we now call it. some people call thorn pallies thornadins others call them acolytes. i wont go so far to as to say that all the ideas werent original but, i am pretty confident that a few arent.

btw any of u fellas have zealots on ladder us east? im looking foward to some friendly duels.

Andrew

Diabloii.Net Member
Halbreed7250 said:
I like the idea though, lets try it!!
The communist rocks ^_^;
lol... Well, I did, sort of. See, I was playign untwinked with a friend way back in 1.09, two pala's, the objective was, to finish the game together (till both were patriarch), then when we were done, we would level to 80, and duel each other (untwinked)

It's more difficult than you can imagine.. You have to insidiously put points where the other fella won't expect it, otherwise he
'll be ready to counter your build at the end of the race, lol... So i really had points everywhere, and my friend, made a foher ( a rather weak one, considering we were untwinked). Naturally, i pwned... because of my 4 ort shield and my holy thunder runeword weapon.. hehe...

*flash holy freeze to chill him*
*Close in with fanaticism*
*smite - charge - smite - zeal*
*run away*
*weapon switch, fire FOH with +2 pally skill shield and scepter*
*switch back to honor phase*
*flash holy freeze*

:lol:

damn.. that was fun.

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
Andrew said:
lol... Well, I did, sort of. See, I was playign untwinked with a friend way back in 1.09, two pala's, the objective was, to finish the game together (till both were patriarch), then when we were done, we would level to 80, and duel each other (untwinked)

It's more difficult than you can imagine.. You have to insidiously put points where the other fella won't expect it, otherwise he
'll be ready to counter your build at the end of the race, lol... So i really had points everywhere, and my friend, made a foher ( a rather weak one, considering we were untwinked). Naturally, i pwned... because of my 4 ort shield and my holy thunder runeword weapon.. hehe...

*flash holy freeze to chill him*
*Close in with fanaticism*
*smite - charge - smite - zeal*
*run away*
*weapon switch, fire FOH with +2 pally skill shield and scepter*
*switch back to honor phase*
*flash holy freeze*

:lol:

damn.. that was fun.

this really sounds like alot of fun, with 10 in each, i can see it going to skill, and i like that

Blade

Diabloii.Net Member
strength_honor said:
well Paladin Dueling has evolved so much over the years...

I am just wondering that who invented or popularize some of the builds, strategies and etc...

My history is a bit rusty, but if you know any of the answers to the questions below it will be really helpful.

V/T ( Gaiden ? Godmatik ? TK ? Shadow ?)
Judicator ( this I know is Blade )
Vanquisher ? ( ??? no idea )
Liberator ( Boogalizer ? )
Lightning Resist Stack ( Blade ? )
Lo Setup ( Blade again ?)
Stormshield Setup ? ( not sure Realm ? Blade ? )
Silence Zerker Smiter ? ( Realm ? )
Meditation on Hammerdin/Smiter ? ( ??? )
Vigor + Charge ( ? )
Dual Aura Stack ( Durri ? )
Avenger ( Adon ? )
Fury Zerker V/T ( me ^_^ )
Jeweler's Shield ( Realm ? )
IAS setup for HF Smite ( Blade ? Pen ? )
It's not really who invented its who introduced it in the forums..

V/T ( you will never know )
Judicator ( i still dunno who named it judicator..it was meant to use all skills then someone made lib/vanq' by just changing 1skill. :grrr: )
Lightning Resist Stack ( well I introduced this in the forums.. but learned it from Little_Boo )
Lo Setup (hard to say )
Stormshield Setup ? ( Introduced it in the forums but i got it off Aeon )
Silence Zerker Smiter ? ( you'll never know )
Meditation on Hammerdin/Smiter ? ( anyone can make this build )
Vigor + Charge ( same with this )
Dual Aura Stack ( i guess duri introduced it in the forums )
Avenger ( you'll never know )
IAS setup for HF Smite ( !! )

and I shall think of more. :thanks:

joa_ix

Diabloii.Net Member
wasent it pen that introduced the judicator at the forum??

i think i introduced the lo setup but im not sure

the ber ber was mack (but its hard to be 100% sure)

ask blood_baron (aka coldarmy) he maby remember

Realm_Fury

Diabloii.Net Member
Well on East, Blade and Pen, mostly Blade, came up with the Judicator build. Pen wrote up a guide for it and put it on these forums.

I used to use Schafer's on my V/T on my charge/FoH switch, doesn't that count for something? :lol: Damm thing worked good too. It gave a nice satisfying crunch when you hit someone with it. :thumbsup:

Boog, Heen and I built a Liberator at the same time without realizing it.
Heen stopped playing at that time and I preferred my V/T. Boog is the one that took the time to tweak the build to maximize it's potential and write up a guide.

I saw a player using a buriza even before Hida did, but can't remember his name now. Don't think he ever posted here.
But it was You Draco that took the ctr to it's horrible potential. (God I hated that build)

LO setup, I was one of the first but not the first. Heen and I were chatting one day and it came up, I found out later that Blade had told Heen about it.

As to the rest who knows, does it matter?