Very quick socket question

MortisConis

Diabloii.Net Member
Very quick socket question

If I take a plain white war pike to Larzuk, that I got from Baal's minions of destruction, how many sockets will it get?

I know the quest depends on the items level, and I'm pretty sure if Baal's minions dropped it (in hell), it'll get max, which is 6. Is that right? I just don't want to waste one of my socket quests.

Last edited:

Atomium

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Very quick socket question

Larzuk always give the max number of sockets for each item, which is indeed 6 for a white War Pike. It does not work like the cube formula which gives any number of sockets between 1 and max.

monte cristo

Diabloii.Net Member

If I take a plain white war pike to Larzuk, that I got from Baal's minions of destruction, how many sockets will it get?

I know the quest depends on the items level, and I'm pretty sure if Baal's minions dropped it (in hell), it'll get max, which is 6. Is that right? I just don't want to waste one of my socket quests.
If thats the case the answer is yes, war pike will get 6 sockets from larzuk. Just a question before You actually do the socketing: what do You plan to make out of it? Non eth war pikes are not worth socket quest...

*mike1984

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

looks like 6
Minion of Destruction are lvl 55-60/68/92 for norm/nm/hell

Sockets by Number
War Pike 3/4/6 (1-25/26-40/41+)

as long as it wasnt cracked/damaged and you use eld+chip to bring it to normal quality
(sets its ilvl to 1)

MortisConis

Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, for a second, I thought the ladder was going to reset in a month (June 25, 2007). I have the runes for a BotD, and I was just going to make one to play around with for a while.

Eek! That would have been a mistake (unless I'm mistaken). Anyway, thanks for the answers.

monte cristo

Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, for a second, I thought the ladder was going to reset in a month (June 25, 2007). I have the runes for a BotD, and I was just going to make one to play around with for a while.

Eek! That would have been a mistake (unless I'm mistaken). Anyway, thanks for the answers.
Go for eth war pike then - making botd in non eth weapon is a big waste ;)

Atomium

Diabloii.Net Member

Ethereal weapons have higher Def/Dmg and lesser requirements than their white counterparts. Since there's a Zod in BotD it makes the item indestructible anyway, so you're better off using an ethereal weapon. It shouldn't be that hard to find one in the trade forum.