Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Very OT - FF6 done for the 10+ time!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ti-Ben, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Very OT - FF6 done for the 10+ time!

Well. I did it again. I finished FF6 just right now for the god knows how many time. I say it again : Best. Game. evAr. Nightfish will probably agree right? :lol:

It's the first time I finish it in probably 3-4 years. Never got the will to go throw all the trouble of finishing the game. But I was reading a thread somewhere some months ago, about who was the most badass villain in all FF games, and I thought about good ol' jolly Kefka! So I started myself a game just to see the final showdown with Kefka. It's crazy. I still remember everything from the game after all these years.

Having got my chars in the World of Ruin about a week ago. Doing all the sidequests were all easy in Edgar in charge of my Fantastic Four team (you'll know who they are just a little down). They took very little time at all. I then proceeded to level up my guys and two gals in the Maranda desert to lvl 62. I took the King with Umaro and hunted down some Brachosaurs to level up the sasquastch. I only found one, and he was nice enough to drop me an Economizer. Then came the quest to uncurse the Cursed Shld. I did it in the Veldt. Score myself at least 12 Sr.Behemoth and 6 WhiteDrgn. The cursed dispelled, I went on a shopping sprew to see what items I was missing for my 12 fighters who would enter Kefka Tower. Made sure I had my Illumina with the King. Having entered, nothing stood in my way. All fell pretty easily. But then again, my chars had all become cookie cutters. :uhhuh:

The 3 statues and final battle, well.... look here to see screenshots and little texts about them. Enjoy. And if you've never played this game, I urge you to find it and play it through at least one time. It is amazing. :worship:

I had to share. Drinks on me at the EMB! :drink:

2. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Looking at the screen shots bring back memory. But still FF 7 in my opinion is still the best. well maybe i will play it again. Well silly question But Ti-Ben, you played it on the computer using *a program?* or is there something i am missing out

3. beau_nidle

beau_nidle IncGamers Member

I agree with DreamlessDude, having played all of the FF games i think FF7 was the best. Although i think FFX is a close second.

I think the worst out of all the FF games was 8, it was just so badly done. Your characters just didn't get hard enough, and the only way to win battles was to use the guardians, just wasn't impressed. it didn't have the strategy that was there in FF7.

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

wow gratz Ti-ben :worship: FF6 was so sweet, god i loved those rainy summer days, :buddies:

robin

5. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

You mean you've never heard of roms?

Ahh yes, good old FFIII. I remember playing that on the SNES. There was a glitch that messed up my save and gave me like 255 economizers as well as a bunch of other stuff. Needless to say, it took all the challenge out of the game when all your characters can cast two Ultimas a turn at the cost of 1 magic :p.

6. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Worst has gotta be Final Fantasy 9. Final Fantasy 8 was just cheesy. Can anyone spell L-I-O-N-H-E-A-R-T. Final fantasy 9 was somewhat pathetic and still even though with supposedly enchaned graphics, it was still horror in my eyes. FFX would have been my favourite if Auron made it in FFX-2 or at least made an appearance. Haha an real Auron fan here.

EDIT: Ahh i thought he was using a program that allowed him to play the cd directly on the computer. That program was something i had last year and i am looking for it. It something like virtual gaming station

7. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

I hardly ever use the GFs in FF8, only for beating the big mechanical spider and occasionally against tough bosses Doomtrain gets summoned. Usually though it's attack all the way!

If you junction your magic properly and bring along a nice supply of Aura spells/stones, you can kill anything with ease.

Anyway...

Congrats Ti-Ben, I've yet to play FF6 but it's on my Big List Of Things To Do :)

8. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

Mmmm, FF6.

*cracks out ROM listings*

Yes, it is on there. Gotta have another go at that. Thanks.

*goes back to dual-weilding Lightbringer and Ultima Weapon*

9. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

Yea, it does bring back emeories. My SNES stopped working about 4 months ago, but up until then I still played all my old games. Thats some shoddy craftsmanship though, works fine for 7 years, then up in the blue stops working for no good reason :scratch: Some of my accomplishments in that game are having all characters 99 with all spells learned, as well as maxing out their stats (took a while, and I'm sad I deleted that game by accident >_<), getting Strago all Lores, beating the game as Imps, and killing Kefka off without him getting 1 turn.

My favourite FF game is 6 out of the numerical ones, but I also loved FFT. Haven't played the new on one GBA, and I doubt I will, since I don't own one.

10. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Hehe, good old FF3/6. One of my all time favorite games, too. I think I've finished it at least 10 times, too. Proabably closer to 20. I even started again a few weeks ago but then Icewind Dale 2 and NWN arrived... :teeth:

11. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

never tried any FF games and probarbly won´t :p

12. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

FF VII owns

i can't play any of the games before that... never enjoyed them at all.

13. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

and arcanum ? I'm surprised nobody speaking about this great game.

14. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

I haven't gotten around to finishing FFVI yet. Gone about halfways two times, but other games tend to fraw my interest away about then. Still think I have the savegame on my hard drive somewhere, maybe I should pick it up again

15. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Yeah I did. My brother sold the SNES a long time ago, so can't play on it anymore. I have to resolve to roms. :( Now to get started on Chrono Trigger. :D

16. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

I stil prefer ChronoTrigger to FF6 for some reason, something about time traveling just seems like more fun :lol: .

17. John Folgerty

John Folgerty IncGamers Member

that is because chrno trigger is the best game of all time.

18. Wraithswind

Wraithswind IncGamers Member

Definitely not one of my favorite FF's (or RPG's for that matter). I'm more of a Dragon Warrior fan myself as far as classic console RPG's are concerned *curses Enix for not releasing DQ 6 in U.S.* "May your entrails become plague ridden. And for making DW 7, may you be eternally devoured by the rabbit with sharp, pointy teeth."

Now what was this thread about...

Oh, right :D

I actually anticipated FF 6 for a loooooong time, but I could never get my hands on it on a SNES. I finally got a copy with the Anthology, and I just hated it. I've gone over several possible reasons why, including that so much time had passed that my taste in RPG style changed, but since FF 5 is one of my favorite games, it's not that. I just didn't find anything interesting in it to pull me through the dull gameplay.

19. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Same here .... I had the junctioning down to a science where I would end up with each of my main characters having max stats when they were lvl 99. The best part was that I could get Lionheart by Disc 2 (with enough scrounging around and card playing) such that the game is a cakewalk. I actually have to hold back from killing the creatures too quickly :D

--T

20. Wraithswind

Wraithswind IncGamers Member

Yeah, good junctioning is better than GF's in the long run. Using Zell and the right combo, you can rack up FF 10 type damage.

Due to FF 8's flexibility in leveling, I've actually tried a handicapped playthrough by keeping my levels as low as possible. It really adds a whole new strategic element to the game (to bad having to Draw spells took my intrest in another playthrough away).