Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Very Interesting

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Perfect_11., Feb 10, 2004.

1. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

Very Interesting

First off, I was bored with my botd barb. He uses
    Arreats
    SS
    Zod'd eth valor
    Eth botd (377/15)
    2 raven frosts
    highlords
    gores
    verdungos
    steelrends
    angelic ammy+rings if needed ar
    3616 health (wolf form (for fun)-> 4899 health
    21k defense
    11k ar with enchant, no angelic 21k ar with angelic+enchant
    so ne way i decided to buy a wolfhowl for fun. In a dueling game i strapped it on and kept up my feral rages. i ran around with 4899 health and whacked someoen and ran away etc etc hit & run. All of a sudden 2 necros started making fun of me on how i was wolf and i couldnt last a fight bla bla bla, so i started chasing them. With very very fast speed i was able to tail them and for some reason they werent able to kill me. I mean they werent bad, but i ran so fast that i was always at their feet. If they bone prison= instant death for them cuz i was so close, and i ran and swung so fast and had so much life that bone spirit hit&run didnt work. If they started to tele i just ran away and hid by a building and when they came close i either ran up for a hit, or ran away to make spirits run into the wall. I also took off my shield so i had major damage. This seems like a viable anti necro strat.

If anyone with a decent necro wants to try this out or something, oh and i am challenging any USwest ladder barb to duel me. So far i havent lost to ANY barb yet (i have died to them but after a couple of matches i always had a 4:1 win ratio or higher)

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Sounds cool, even more reason for me to be starting a wolfy barb :D

3. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

how about this insanity:
    according to dragoons website(a very accurate wereform speed website from the druid forum)
    griswalds caduceus can reach 3 frame attack speed with a barbarian using wolfhowl, 4 shaels in the caduceus gets you 3 frame attack...that is some mighty fast swinging(second only to the followup kicks in an assasins max speed multikick skill(dragon talon or something))

i think a vitabarb/wolfhowl user could be a serious dueling threat, it attacks at 3 frames and does 125-146 damage for a measly 78 str/56 dex requirement

a pure wolfhowler could maybe look something like this:
    skills:
    20 in mace mastery
    20 in shout
    20 in battle orders
    1 in battle command
    10+in increased speed
    10+in natural resists
    10+in iron skin...thats 90 points...if you plan on making a wolfie above that...good luck :)

10 in natural resists + 30 from quests + 20 from annihulus = 104 resist all

10 in increased speed + 6 in feral rage = 79% increase to your base run speed(basically like having vigor and a decent level increased speed on a normal barb)
    75% feral rage enhanced damage + 123% weapon mastery enhanced damage = 198% enhanced damage...almost as much as your ww damage, but attacking at 3 frames(thats like 7.5-8 times per second)
    180% enhanced ar from weapon mastery + 70% from feral rage +125 from werewolf skill= 375%...this attack rating rivals a maxed out concentrate and weapon mastery bonus

some equipment ideas:
    helm is wolfhowl of course...maybe some res all jewel or something like that in it
    grizwolds weapon(4 shaels)

probably angelic amulet and ring

ravenfrost for your other ring

griz armor combines with the weapon for a sweet +20 additional str(plus the 20 on the armor thats 40) with low str requirements(102 str), and the 3 open sockets make for easy customization in whatever area you are lacking(120% enhanced damage for instance, bers for dr, ums for resists, prubies for a Ton of life(120ish) etc...)

shield should probably be stormshield(with you equipment you should be able to invest very little into str even to carry this(enigma and griz armor both are great str providers)) a jah rune would increase your life greatly if you put it in the stormshield

steelrend gauntlets will help make up for the somewhat low damage output, and can be worn (str wise)when you are wearing a stormshield...the defense is also specacular

for a belt i would use an upgraded thundergods vigor, its good vs lightning and will have over 200 defense usually, its not too hard to find, and will add a nice str bonus and vit bonus

upgraded goreriders are an excellent boot, with very high defense(again over 200) and some nice extra damage capabilities...the str requirement shouldnt scare you, as with its -25% requirements the str needed even for myrmidon greaves is below 160

the rest of what you want can be made up in your charms...

i truly believe if you outfit a barbarian like this, he will mop up pretty good as a werewolf

pros:
    very high life(esp with good charms)
    very fast attack(fastest constant attack in the game)
    very fast run/walk speed(like vigored fast barb)
    very high ar(espeacially with a demon limb on switch)
    max resists(with a little charm help, 85% lit)
    high lifeleech amount(even with no equipment that leeches)
    very high defense(through shout and iron skin)
    werewolf grants pretty fast blocking and hit recovery rates

cons:
    possibility of low damage
    numbers look nice, but are untested
    rare equipment makeup for such an obscure build
    viability vs certain classes(whirlwind barbs, sorcies etc)

i just liked such a novel idea...and the numbers do look pretty good...sorry for the immense post

phelix

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Eh, either i'm the only one who realized this or these pair of necros were truly the stupidest duelers ever. If the necro has decent dr and bone armor (marrowalk bug) then he should be able to survive a few hits from you. If this is the case he can simply cast iron maiden on you. Since you are in wolf form you cannot use the berserk skill and will quickly kill yourself trying to kill the necro.

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Actually I think the fastest attack would be
    Assassin switching to werebear with beast, then dual weilding -30 claws with 80ias, and BoS, but I haven't calculated any of it.

6. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

well, you are mistaken because Im is only effective if i am hitting a monster. In thiis case only im+bonewall would hurt me. vs an opponent, like hittin the necro, the damage is too low to have any real effect on me. And also, the reason I kill them is because mot necro have low fhr and fbr. If i can get 1 hit on them they are usually stuck because the more feral rage i get the faster my speed is. Basically all i have to do is get them locked in fhr and then i just swing away. If YOU have a dueling necro i suggest you try it with me (no enigma using of course, they used enigma then i would too =P)