Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

VERY interesting results

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fredsta54, Jun 17, 2005.

1. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

VERY interesting results

So i decided to make a jabber on single player, and after testing it against friends single player barb on tcpi, i think there is seriously potential for this to work.

I used angelics, gob toe (main damage source), 17/30/20 shield w/ dtm, twitchthroe, deaths gloves + sash, 15ed harpoon, and duskdeep. What i achieved was 5 fps jab with cb triggering very often, and an zon with 10% (i think) chance to be hit by an attack that penetrates her puny defense. With 1.4k life took a angelic combo 300ed bsnap barb about 20 wws to kill her and by that time my jabs with cb and ~30 pvp dmg per hit (5 attacks per sec= 180 dmg against shieldless opponent per second) atk rating was 13k so dont have to worry bout their defense too much

phew long post

anyway i am intrigued and i will be doing more testing

Fred

2. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Whats the listed damage for your attack?
    As with most of your builds im sceptical :p and I assume your using twitch.
    20 wwnds??? thats maybe half a minute worth of wwnding. The funny thing is that both musta characters suckd so bad, because no other close range pvp build i know of takes 30 seconds to kill. But then again, test more vs other characters and post your findings. I still think that Charged Strike zons own much more, because you can exploit a glitch and farcast your attack. Its kinda like wppk. gl though ^_^
    Whats next, Vengeance Pali? or Fire zon :lol:

3. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

jabber?

explain this build a little more.
    is it only against barbs?
    is it supposed to be a high lvl dueler or lld?

I just dont see how the puny dmg from javalin is going to be enough to take a barb down after crushing blow.

I would have to agree with ethos that a charged strike zon would be better.

4. fredsta54

The listed damage is 130 avg dmg before crit strike, which is ****ty i know. Jabber>cs zon because jab is so sexy, and 5 fpa attack is pretty sweet.

The barb he had was using perf bonesnap and angelic combo. He was just a typical Pvm ww barb.

As i said, almost all of the damage comes from very fast attack speed + crushing blow, if fbr is not as important due to 60%ish dodge, then ill go with open wounds. Open wounds + crushing blow+ 5 attacks per second could kill pretty easily, and the style points for this zon would be off the charts, considering youd be using a non magic///rare harpoon.

Charged strike would be much better but in melee duel games youd be flamed, and probably nked and shunned. A jabber would just be marveled upon.

The reason it took so many ww's is because standing still or attacking or walking i have a ~10% chance to be hit from an attack, and with 1.2k life + your gonna last a while.

And yeah, this zon would be a pure melee dueler, with the resists she had it wouldnt be worth it to duel sorcs or casters.

Fred

PS. I know your all in shock ;P

5. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

This was the first lld I made after returning to classic. :) I had much fun with jabazons in LoD lld during 1.09. After learning that throwing weapons couldnt have magic mods, I knew I would have the only jabazon around. I would recommend Swordback over a 17/30/20 because fhr is not needed as Jab is uninteruptable, and Wounds is great when cb wears off at around half life. Indeed, she does take a while to kill opponents, but thats just fine because with her defenses, she can last a long time. She basically wins by not dieing first. They can easily beat anyone not using a shield. She gets extra points for being probabaly the best looking char in the game with twitch + sback + big jav. Prepare for a stream of "wtf how u attack so fast" and "why cant i hit u?" exclamations. :D

6. fredsta54

yes fhr isnt that important, im more concerned about fbr

although s-back would be godly cuz of open wounds, fbr i think is essential; mabye not tho, and i bet this zon could take the small population of zealots as well, not to mention conc barbs. I think s/s ww bvbs would be too much tho, unless they run with sharp objects.

Fred

edit: and yes im very excited about this whole project, if it turns out even semi-succesful, then im satisifed, especially since all this gear costs nilch

7. fredsta54

I am building this zon on bnet, so those of you who i see online frequently are welcome to take a look, and mabye i will duel your lld zealot xey :)

I am gonna use

Twitchthroe
    15ed 3 ar harpoon
    deaths combo
    3 p ruby helm or duskdeep (small boost to dmg or lots of life, duskdeep adds more than biggins)
    Gob toe
    Angelic combo
    S-back or 50+ block fbr shield (i hope very much to use s-back, but mabye fbr will be essential)

I have xfered all this gear on to Jizzhut, my lvl 1 jabber.

Ill be maxing dodge, jab, crit strike, and probably max penetrate. I dont think i will add ANY to inner sight because i heard it has to be maxed to be effective, and with 12k+ ar i think ill be hitting just fine.

Fred

8. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

How are you achieving 5fpa.

5.5 I can see, but I don't see you getting 80 ias there, so the 5 fpa is impossible.

9. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

Good point about fbr. By the way, what level do you plan on keeping this jabber. They tend to lose effectiveness very quickly vs combos like ww/bo and fana/holy shield. This patch doesn't seem to favor fast hitting, low damage chars, which is a shame. :(

10. fredsta54

ill be making this jabber to around lvl 80 probably. Currently JizzHut is @ lvl 32, and has taken down several ww barbs around her lvl. She gets stomped by lvl 50+ ww barbs but with 400ish life thats expected. I have taken down Xey's lvl 26 zealot, although, the matchups were about 60/40 (his favour) when i was lvl 28, now, im pretty sure its 1 sided :)

I did actually notice fbr to be an issue when being attacked by ww barbs, although, it wasnt crucial. Fhr is useless since i dont get hit much and jab is interuptable, I have a vulpine bone shield of deflecting in my stash though, just in case. S-back is a large part of my damage though :(

FRed

11. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

In a plain zeal and jab match id most likely lose because i cant hit you, but if i combine zeal with smite and sac id win =)