Versusing a Wind druid

ZachLap

Diabloii.Net Member
Versusing a Wind druid

If i have my Light Zon, and i put on a Vampire gaze only 15Dr a Shaftstop with 30% Dr and a stormshield with 35%dr will the wind druid still do a lot of damage to me?? with the 80 damage reduction? thanks... (or if not what should i do?!) Ty

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Versusing a Wind druid

that certainly is a bad idea. Damage reduction is capped at 50 %, so going for 80% is overkill and it will make your damage suffer to much. Don't do it.

a quote form the guides learn us that you don't have to change any gear. Just play it smart.
NOTE that ss, enigma and shako will give you max dr in a much better setup than what you advise, problem is that you will lose griffons eye, though this may be a first idea.

Wind/bone - spam Lf to kill minions then poke / lf to kill them. Wind druids have their armor but if lf gets rid of that then they die in one hit. Wind druids also play aggressively so you can switch to highlords for extra damage against them should be a challenging duel. Bone necros play defense and will give you a hard time if you try to poke them. So lay back throw javs and wait till they get to close

Note: When wind druids are using tornado it is extremely hard to land a cs hit because of recovery from all your skills. Try to catch them off guard. Remember only go for the kill after minions are down and armor is damaged.

SlainByPain

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Versusing a Wind druid

Wind druids are simply hard in general.

If you simply try to attack them with CS you will get dodgelocked 99% of the time (hurricane + tornado = bad). The best option is to run out of hurricane range the start throwing LF/LB at them. Remember to switch to walk when they're spamming tornado right on top of you or you will die in two seconds. Otherwise, the faster you get out of hurricane range the better (frw items help here). Don't try to teleport out either as teleport doesn't even go off most of the time.

Use LF even after summons are dead with eth titans if they're non-mb, otherwise use LB and use CS if you think you can go for it.