Verizon's Marketing Department needs to take a vacation if

Lord Nyax

Banned
Verizon's Marketing Department needs to take a vacation

Okay, Verizon's "Chocolate" series of Phones/MP3-players.

There are different colored versions of them.
Black = Chocolate
Red = Cherry
Green = Mint
White = _______

Someone take a guess...seriously....

Lord Nyax

Banned
Most humans would have guessed Vanilla, I'm hoping...

Just to clear it up, the damn idiots decided to call it: White...

Black = Chocolate
Red = Cherry
Green = Mint
White = ....White

I'm not even sure what to say...are they just idiots?

Lord Nyax

Banned
I wish...

Maybe they thought that people would automatically append Chocolate to everything?

So it'd be:
Mint Chocolate
Cherry Chocolate
White Chocolate
...makes sense, I guess...
But then what's the Black one called? Chocolate Chocolate?

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish...

Maybe they thought that people would automatically append Chocolate to everything?

So it'd be:
Mint Chocolate
Cherry Chocolate
White Chocolate
...makes sense, I guess...
But then what's the Black one called? Chocolate Chocolate?
I agree. I think they should have just stuck with the chocolate theme. After all, marketing is about consistency is it not? ;-)

Gertlex

Banned
Call the black one dark, and the white one milk and you've got your chocolates set... though I've never heard of cherry chocolate (orange chocolate yes).

That was a pretty weird inconsistency.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Call the black one dark, and the white one milk and you've got your chocolates set... though I've never heard of cherry chocolate (orange chocolate yes).

That was a pretty weird inconsistency.
Thing is, it was named Chocolate after it was released, because, for some reason or other, it smelled like Chocolate to the South Koreans.

If they'd gone with Dark & Milk, hell, even Dark & White, I'd be cool with it. It's just...obviously someone had a little mind fart when they came up with "White"...

Seriously, how do you order one of these? You go up to the Verizon counter and say:
"Hey, I want a LG Chocolate Phone."
"Which type do you want? We've got Chocolate, Mint, Cherry, and...White..."
"...I'll take the Mint please..."

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
You've never had chocolate covered cherries!? :shocked:
Granted, they're not really cherry chocolate...but it's pretty close ;-)
Maybe they should call the phone the LG Chocolate Covered Cherry...

Lord Nyax

Banned
Vanilla isn't white.
And Chocolate isn't black. Thanks for your input...:thumbsdown:

Point is, Chocolate tends to be considered Black/Brown and Vanilla tends to be considered White. I don't care what they're actually colored, not does the Marketing Department. I/We care about what color it brings to mind.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
And Chocolate isn't black. Thanks for your input...:thumbsdown:

Point is, Chocolate tends to be considered Black/Brown and Vanilla tends to be considered White. I don't care what they're actually colored, not does the Marketing Department. I/We care about what color it brings to mind.
Way blow his post out of proportion. I'm sure bg1256 is pissed that they would have the audacity to name their phone something that isn't even the actual color of the phone! zomg!!

Lord Nyax

Banned
Way blow his post out of proportion. I'm sure bg1256 is pissed that they would have the audacity to name their phone something that isn't even the actual color of the phone! zomg!!
I'm confused. I said that Chocolate wasn't black and that people tend to associate flavors with colors...how is that "blowing it out of proportion"?

Seriously, I don't get it...

EDIT:
Ya know what, forget it. Don't even answer...we got...what, 13 posts in? Pretty typical.

Okay, 15. Half of which were mine...

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm confused. I said that Chocolate wasn't black and that people tend to associate flavors with colors...how is that "blowing it out of proportion"?

Seriously, I don't get it...

EDIT:
Ya know what, forget it. Don't even answer...we got...what, 13 posts in? Pretty typical.

Okay, 15. Half of which were mine...
Because your reply to bg wasn't just making an observation. You were sarcastic and you came accross as being offended that he would dare say what he did; that your response to his should have been obvious enough that his comment was worthless and unwelcome.
All he said was "Vanilla isn't white."
Your response, at least to me, made it sound like he said, "omg! wtf! everyone knows that vanilla really isn't white! what the hell! those ******* at verizon are a bunch of morons!!!!11111"