Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Venomsin?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Thortok2000, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Thortok2000

Thortok2000 IncGamers Member

Venomsin?

I'm thinking of making a Natalya's-using assasin. Probably specializing in Venom, but I'm not sure.

Here's my favorite skills for the assassin (I want a build mostly made up of these skills, and will have at least one point in each):

Fade (or Burst of Speed if you can convince me why)
    Shadow Master (or Shadow Warrior if you can convince me why)
    Blade Shield
    Venom
    Cloak of Shadows
    Weapon Block
    Claw Mastery
    Dragon Claw

Which of these should I put only one point in, and which should I max, and in what order should I max them? Are there any other skills I should use/put a point in? I was thinking maybe a point in that teleporting kick thing just for a teleport skill but I don't know if you need a target to cast it...

Oh, also, which act 2 merc should I get for the build, too?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Burst of Speed or otherwise you'll be attacking very slowly...also Natalyas set gives a decent resist bonus, so you should be able to scrape some decent resists together.

I'd take Shadow Master too more of a tank. I don't think you should put very many points in Blade Shield, the damage increase is pathetic, I know the duration is very short, but points are better spent elsewhere. Weapon Block should also receive a limited amount of points, try to aim for 10 points with +skills that should be sufficient. Cloack of Shadows is an excellent skill, but I'm not totally convinced that it needs to be maxed...

Claw Mastery and Dragon Claw are nice places to put points when you have too many of them but don't really give all that much in return. I'd also get 1 point in Death Sentry, which gives Corpse Explosion, with a couple of +skills that should be very handy. I don't know about Dragon Flight.

I'd say either a Might merc or a Holy Freeze merc...my personal preference is the Holy Freeze one..

3. lorenzo

lorenzo IncGamers Member

there's a good guide in the stickies above by duncan idaho... the shadow walker i think its called... talks about more or less what ur after

4. skygoneblue

skygoneblue IncGamers Member

Making a Whirlwind assn with Nat's is pretty fun! :thumbsup:

5. richo

richo IncGamers Member

when played good that is even better then bramble, fury, shako, gore, wich i used, full (perfect) nat is better then the expensive stuff if used at good way, only you get some trouble with the FHR, and that can be compansated by shadow +12 fhr skillers