Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Venommancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Zpliffman, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Zpliffman

Zpliffman IncGamers Member

Venommancer

Hi,
    I have a venommancer and he uses enigma now but I was wondering if bramble is better? My venommancer is a vitamancer and the poison nova damage is 880x.

2. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Depends on your style (minions or not) your f r / w and what char you're up against.

3. Zpliffman

Zpliffman IncGamers Member

yes i use minions and my frw is not that good... how much frw do you need? And it is a general duell char so basicly every char

4. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

then I would go with enigma with 125 fcr since you'll be to slow for average duel using bramble or to say it in another way your flexibility would be to low and your minions would be worthless :p so Enigma is they way I'll say :thumbsup:

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

enigma helps you a lot in duels, since you will want to get away from the enemy asap when you have hit him with a nova. There is no reason to be too close to a melee char with a necro, else than when hitting him with the nova.
    Also, if you have minions, its ever so funny to poison a guy to low life, then teleport right on top of him and let the minions do their part :)

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

You poison more monsters over time with enigma, and with deaths web (and especially with 3 piece trang as well) you'll generally kill monsters in a single nova, so go with enigma.

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I haven't maxed my synergies yet and I've got DWeb/Triple Trang's, but I sure wouldn't mind having a good Bramble to help kill a lot of the tougher baddies in Act 4 + 5 in Hell and you can always afford to kill bosses faster. 40-50% damage added to your attack AFTER synergies is nothing to scoff at. I'm also playing a Poiskellomancer variant so having the thorns/spirit auras on top of the nova and amped damage attacks would make for some nice gravy. I'm looking forward to getting my first Enigma sometime, but first I'd like to try a Bramble out.

8. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I suggest a CB merc for bosses