Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Venom" runeword cheese

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Frenzied Bovine, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

"Venom" runeword cheese

Is everyone aware of the "Venom" cheese?

Speficially, the runeword "Venom" (Tal + Dol + Mal) adds the following charges to an item:

Level 15 Poison Explosion (27 Charges)
    Level 13 Poison Nova (11 Charges)

That, like Marrowwalk, will grant 28 skill points worth of synergy to Poison Dagger if you do not place points in Poison Explosion or Poison Nova.

2. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Yep, but unlike marrow you can excede the bug/feature synergy with raw points. On top of that venom is mediocre runeword, easily exceded by a nice rare. So using the venom cheese would "allow" you to free up 40 points to get a less effective PD while using a mediocre weopon.

What you could use it for is a way to get a quick boost to PD synergies that you couldn't achieve at low levels i.e. at level 30 you could have a 13 point nova synergy while you could only naturally have a 1 point nova synergy. Of course venom requires you to be clvl 49 so that really isn't even possible. :D

3. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

this happens with all item charges. That's why rabies/fury druids use carrion wind... free lvl 21 vine synergy.

this is why I don't understand why people are so up in arms over the marrowwalk thing, but hey, I'll stop there, b/c I'm not going to turn this into another debate thread on that subject :yawn:

--fatty

4. moi

moi IncGamers Member

without debating it, i think it's easy to see why some are up in arms; the marrowwalk is the most powerful case of this; a skill that's not prerequisite for the one's its boosting, a piece of gear that doesnt make you sacrifice in other ways (boots are hardly a particularly vital part of a necro's equip), and very high lvl charges.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

it could be interesting if you wanted to make some kind of hybrid and not rely on poison dagger for much dmg, but use it as a supplement to summoning or something, in which case, it still doesn't seem to bad, only 28 synergy for a skill that isn't godly

6. Invictus_prime

Invictus_prime IncGamers Member

Unfortunately right now the only time these synergies are applied is if there is no points put in the skill. That pretty much means that the only things that can be enhanced through item charges are the lower level skills.

So go Venom + Bone Spear charges ring + Bone Spirit charges ring.....and be the master of Teeth and Poison Dagger!!!

Seriously though, you could get decent PD damage and good Teeth damage and still have an army of skellies.

It's cheesy, but I'm still holding out for these items.

7. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I agree with Ash good use of back up skills for a summoner/commando.

8. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

wow, ncie. finally somethign to get me to make that skele necromancer i've been procrastinating with

9. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

28 free synergies points is nothing to scoff at, augment that venom dagger with trang gloves and some poisondmg sc's and you'll have yourself an effective daggermancer with 90 skill points to spare.

:thumbsup: