Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Venom Charges + Rabies?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Zenkat, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Venom Charges + Rabies?

I'm curious, i was thinking about this in class. Rabies already has a ridiculous amount of poison over a relatively short period of time, but Venom charges up a weapon with a bit of poison over the shortest time in the game at 0.4 seconds. Now, ive heard in the assassin forum that venom+poison charms will bring their damage way down, and put it over the 0.4 seconds.
    Does it combine with rabies in the same way? for that matter does it combine with rabies at all? I was hoping that the poison skills would mix and venom would overall bring rabies duration down while keeping the damage at the same amount.
    I couldnt find any posts about this oddity, and wondered if anyone had thought to try it out. If it works like i see it in my mind, that would be some wicked dangerous rabies.
    So, any insight on this?

2. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

rabies has a very long duration.

As far as I remember, rabies overrides venom. meaning that you can't deliver damage with venom when the opponent is infected with rabies.

3. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Yes, if you want the answer you can get it easily from this link.
    http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-articles/taopoison.shtml
    FYI::: They said they might change the range part of how posion works but I havent followed up on it since 1.10 came out and since you are melee I wont bother searching BLIZZ for the info as I know the melee part didnt change.

Quick Answer: The link is best but in short form posion calcualtes all sources of posion then calculates the "new dmg" and "duration". That said and done, mixing different sources of posion can be determinal to your build if the durations suck!!

Or quite the reverse if you going long haul. In pvp. One usually wants mass dmg in the shortest time for several factors. Resists, reduce length, replenish life for one. In pvm you usually want to balance it. Sins do not usually use poison for pvm so when they frown on this, its bevcause its pvp. Thats why the context is negative. However, for a PVM rabies you could technically buff yourself to your mold/liking. Example max dmg over short time or even increase duration and keep the same dmg.

Read his articale, its godly =)

4. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

thanks much, i was wondering where the tao url was.

5. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Bleh, I was told ranged didn't work like that anymore.

Of course I haven't actually tested this yet....