Vengeful spirits killing people, what the hell?

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
Vengeful spirits killing people, what the hell?

So I was just standing in the shower, thinking about how shooting a minigun at that girl from the grudge, only for her to end up killing me besides my best efforts with real objects. Being in my bordom, I began thinking about why a vengeful spirit like this grudge gal would kill these seemingly innocent people, but those people wouldn't, in turn righteous anger for being so unjustly murdered, turn into vengeful spirts that would literally fight or kill this grudge gal. Obviously it's all just for fun, but if you were killed by something similar, wouldn't you want to exact your revenge?

seriously, why not just emerge as a badass revenger that CAN kill this other spirit. Kind of like The Crow, only fighting The Grudge girl instead of bad people

after that little thought, i resumed my comfortable shower : )

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
The inconsistencies of most horror flicks is why I don't watch them

"whats that strange screeching sound? mhmm I better go check it out"

Alone and unarmed I might add :rolleyes:

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Why would you kill humans when there are so many more things to do, and alot more fun too. Hint, girls.

evild2player

Diabloii.Net Member
The people that she kills are unable to ressurect themselves as invincible spirits of doom. In Grudge 2, it is explained that the lady was fed demons for breakfast, and we can assume she had spirits in her. So when she was unjustly and brutally killed, she came back for some fun. Normal people don't have evil spirits that do that =O

Lord Nyax

Banned
If you thought The Grudge 2 didn't make any sense, go see Pulse. Worst Horror movie ever. My favorite part is where the chick picks up her cell phone right after hearing that Cell Phones are pretty much evil death traps that spawn horrible demons of doom. What does the woman do? Throw that **** out the window? No. Break that hell out of it? No. She checks the damn time...and is consequently surprised that said evil demons of doom appear...

The only thing I got from that movie is that women shouldn't be allowed out of the house unsupervised.

Lord Nyax

Banned
There was one about a good movie a while ago...might have been in the Community OT though. Mostly, if you pay your money and see a good movie, you're happy. If the movie blows, you're not, so you vent here. That's prolly why...

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
I might, I watched alot of the movies people recommended to me, should be ripe for some discussions
Please do, these bad movies are starting to make me depressed too.

bladesyz

Diabloii.Net Member
Echod16 said:
So I was just standing in the shower, thinking about how shooting a minigun at that girl from the grudge, only for her to end up killing me besides my best efforts with real objects. Being in my bordom, I began thinking about why a vengeful spirit like this grudge gal would kill these seemingly innocent people, but those people wouldn't, in turn righteous anger for being so unjustly murdered, turn into vengeful spirts that would literally fight or kill this grudge gal. Obviously it's all just for fun, but if you were killed by something similar, wouldn't you want to exact your revenge?

seriously, why not just emerge as a badass revenger that CAN kill this other spirit. Kind of like The Crow, only fighting The Grudge girl instead of bad people

after that little thought, i resumed my comfortable shower : )
That's one reason why ghosts aren't really something to be afraid of (at least on the rational level). The very existence of a ghost proves that there is an afterlife. The worst a ghost can do to you is to kill you (somehow), in which case you end up just like her... and pissed too.

Of course, things like ghosts play more to our innate fears than our rationality. You KNOW it's nothing to be afraid of, but it still scares the **** out of you when something pops up at the corner of your eye.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
bladesyz said:
That's one reason why ghosts aren't really something to be afraid of (at least on the rational level). The very existence of a ghost proves that there is an afterlife.
Not necessarily. They may be non-sentient spiritual after-images.