Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

vengeance pala equip

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Tankmobile, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Tankmobile

Tankmobile IncGamers Member

vengeance pala equip

i jus got made rich, by a lucky me, comin bk from afk to find 7 ists been muled. so i made an avenger and got the skills, but other than guardian angel umed (199ed) and a zaka, i have no idea what equip to get cos i usually make smiters, zealers, barbs and hammers.Its the weapon causin me loadsa trouble bout decidin, cos shudnt i have one wit large elemental dmg to utilize the conviction aura but there are so many to choose im jus clueless.:cry: Any suggestions? btw, is holy shield needed, cos 4 prequisite pnts seem steep considerin ill neva max my bonuses to vengeance.

2. Stax

Stax IncGamers Member

Well u dont have to max bonuses.
    U can put 20 points into veng and 10 into synergies, or u can put 1 point into veng and 15-20 into synergies (less mana cost , and more max resists)

For weapon i think psy dmg calculates to get ur elemental dmg, so get some weapon whit much psy dmg :)

3. Tankmobile

Tankmobile IncGamers Member

botd zerker? or what? im also havin trouble with the helm-i was thinking dream would be nice cos of the conviction, but a gaze for the damage reduction, not sure what to go for. i went for holy shield tho, and for the points (inc. defiance) my defence went up to 6k from 1.6. what would any1 say is the ideal kit for one? cos im wearin zaka, guardian angel, perf string of ears, crafted ammy,nords tenderizer, waterwalk, no gloves yet, and a nightsmoke. So plz advise.

4. niner

niner IncGamers Member

Did you msg the person that they left they IST runes there and make an attempt to gib them back,or you just take em assuming that they just liked you alot?

5. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

OK, I don't exactly have a guide up, but I have a very, very good Avenger (PvM only) so I'm just gonna tell you what I'm using and why, since it is working so well.

Weapon: eBotDz (Has it all: huge damage, stats, dual leech)
    Switch: None personally, but obviously CTA would be nice
    Helm: Perfect Gaze (big DR, dual leech; CoA better if you are rich)
    Gloves: Lava Gouts (Laying of Hands would worrk too, but not as fun)
    Armor: Archon Fort (extra phys damage and helps leeching a lot)
    Belt: T-God (life, strength, light dmg, max light res +10%; Dungoes or String are excellent too and I prefer them for the extra DR when battling Baal's minion's)
    Shield: HoZ (duh, it's a great shield)
    Boots: Upped Tearhaunch (I love vigor, but not spending points for it, also gives stats and resists; this may be my only controversial selection, but you can also use good rares, War Travs, eth Treks, Waterwalks, whatever)
    Rings: Raven (no brainer)/really good rare (wish this was BK)
    Ammy: Mara's (Highlord's would be nice for IAS, but I need the resists)

Inventory: Torch, anni, and any good combo of life, damage, resist charms, or skillers that works for you.

Merc: Might merc with Eth Doom Polearm

End result at level 83:
    Life: 2000
    DR: 20% to 35% (add 8% if you Ber the Gaze, but I use IAS jewel)
    Resists: 80/80/95/75 (T-God) 80/80/85/75 (Dungo/String)
    Damage: About 7000 average damage (effectively much higher due to Vengence...and I have no skillers)

6. erejamnilstiar

erejamnilstiar IncGamers Member

Bjam has a good setup, but you can also use a Famine zerker axe (although your attack speed would be considerably slower)...massive ele dmg and still decent phys. dmg for non-vengeance attacks

7. RealEast

RealEast IncGamers Member

One weapon people dont seem to use is Rift runeword in a scepter with +3 conviction +2 vengence , etc. rift is a nice weapon and you can make it for the low cost of a Gul rune, 16% chance to cast level 21 frozen orb on striking, Level 21 frozen orb plus conviction= ownage, anways this is what my avenger uses.