Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Vendor Shopping

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by xduckster, Sep 19, 2006.

1. xduckster

xduckster IncGamers Member

Vendor Shopping

Ok. I just ead the item generation tutorial and my head is starting to spin. :dizzy:
    Ok, here's the deal. I want to shop for a +3 enchant staff for a new charachter (I want to make a leaf). I've been looking looking at charsi with a level 81 char. So far I've seen a number of +firewall staffs, so I'm assuming that it's possible to shop an enchant one.
    Ok, so my questions:
    1) Is it possible to shop one?
    1a) If yes, will my chances of finding one go up/down if I use another level charachter?
    1b) If no, is there anywhere else in the game that I can shop for one?

2. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Look at Drognan in normal. He can sell 2 socket +3 enchant staff (I got one with +3 fireball)

3. monte cristo

monte cristo IncGamers Member

1) Sure

1a) See 1b =)

1b) On nightmare and hell the level of the shopped item is equal to your character level + 5 IIRC (maybe 4, certainly not 6). On normal, however, itemlevels of shopped items are fixed and based on the act.

In later acts, most if not all items shoppable are already magical and not suitable for runewords. Your best (and probably only) chance is to shop Act2 Drognan. Go out of town, go back, check the store. Look for either a +3enchant 2socket staff or a clean +3enchant one that can get a maximum of 2 sockets on itemlevel<25 (check that somewhere, can't remember the exact ones).

EDIT: Meh. Got beat to it by someone with a cute looking avatar.

4. xduckster

xduckster IncGamers Member

Thanks peeps. I'll give it a shot.