Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Various ?s

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Mirrislegend, May 1, 2008.

1. Mirrislegend

Mirrislegend IncGamers Member

Various ?s

Hey, I'm new to this board, but not quite new to D2. I am playing classic, not LoD, so please keep that in mind when answering these.

+I know Arreat Summit is a LoD resource, but its the most consistent I can find, so I'm working off that. It indicates that Imbuing uses char lvl + 6 to establish what level affixes you can get. Aside from +2 ammys, the highest lvl affix Arreat Summit lists is lvl 77. Since you can't imbue for ammys anyways, does having a char above lvl 71 get you better imbues than a lvl 71 char? If so, why?

+Why is IAS essential to zons and not FCR? Which would be important to characters that focus on zeal or charge or frenzy or double swing or poison dagger?

+Also, I understand that we're supposed to discuss only legit characters and whatnot, but I just need to ask a few questions about non-legit stuffs for my edification:
    -Is/was there a way to make a legit fc zon? And does a fc zon still need to hit (like AR and such), or does she just cast?
    -What is desych (sp?)? Is it legit or not?
    -What supplemental programs/edits are considered legit and/or are supported by this community?

2. HC Gunther

HC Gunther IncGamers Member

Re: Various ?s

An Amazon doesn't cast spells, she has magical attacks. So Increased Attack Speed will increase the rate at which she attacks.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Valkyrie, slow missiles, decoy and inner sight are actually cast IIRC (as well as town portals), so faster cast should work on them. However, it's not worth wearing faster cast gear for that :azn:

4. Mirrislegend

Mirrislegend IncGamers Member

How can you tell what is a magical attack and not a spell? Could I get some examples please?

And what's IIRC?

5. HC Gunther

HC Gunther IncGamers Member

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

6. krischan

If it's applied through a weapon, it's an attack and IAS affects it. If it just needs a mouse click, it's usually a spell. There are a few exceptions, like whirlwind (which is only affected by IAS on the weapon itself) and the xxx sentry and wake of xxx traps from assassins which are based on IAS as well, but that's irrelevant for you, as classic has no assassins. None of the amazon skills are among these exceptions AFAIK.

AFAIK = as far as I know :wink3:

7. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Imbuing Ilvl is Clvl+5, not 6.

Ilvl does not determine alvl (affix level) on its own. The base item's qlvl is also factored in. For determining what affixes can spawn on what items at what ilvls, inDiablo is better than AS.

In general, If you are physically swinging a weapon, shooting a bow/crossbow, or throwing a weapon, then IAS is what you need. Otherwise, FCR is used. I believe there may be some exceptions with Assassins, but I don't know what they'd be.

8. krischan

The ilvl of imbued items actually is clvl+4, you are confusing that with shopping :tongue:

9. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

there is a guide to imbuing somewhere in the classic forum