Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Various Questions--Need Help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AjustinMyJonson, Jun 24, 2005.

1. AjustinMyJonson

AjustinMyJonson IncGamers Member

Various Questions--Need Help

Hey all, just started my first Assasin, sort of a Martial Arts / Blade Fury hybrid (started out as MA, but i tried BF--love it), and i have some questions about that and some unrelated stuff. Ill break it down for easier answers:

1. I know that Blade Fury does everything that you could possibly want it to do, venom, OW, crushing blow, my question is, if you had a razortail, would it have a chance to pierce too? My guess is no, because then it would just own (read: pwn--in case no one remembers what own means) too much.

2. As for the Martial Arts part, which finishing move should i use? It looks like dragon claw releases two of the charge ups because you hit twice, is that true? Is dragon talon(with a couple points for multiple kicks) good enough for the finishing moves or should i go all the way to D Flight, or somewhere in the middle.

3. Totally unrelated to an Assasin, but about this FE bug thing. My assasin is currently in Act 2 right now, and i have fought upwards of 8 FE monsters so far(actually the first unique monster i found was FE), and i know that i have gotten hit many times, and i haven't died. I believe that is the bug correct? If you get hit once by a FE then youre dead? I dont know if this makes a difference, but is it possible that there is no bug on Macs, because thats what im using.

Im pretty sure i have another question, but i cant think of it, ill prolly post it somewhere down the line if there are any replies.

Thanks in advance fellas (and any ladies out there).

2. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

1. No, blade fury will never pierce.

2. All of the finishers will release multiple chargeups. Dragon Talon is generally used sans chargeups, kind of like an assassins verion of zeal, only with your feet. Dragon claw is much the same story, although it isn't as commonly used. Dragon Tail is probably the big finisher - the big + damage % to big radius applies after the Tiger strike chargeup, and damage up to or more than 30k has been reported.

3. The FE bug really isn't a big deal in normal or nightmare difficulty, and In hell it's most dangerous at higher player settings, since the damage is bugged to increase astronomically as monster hith power increases. Added to that is the problem that the damage is applied at innapropriate times - i.e. not just at the death explosion. There's and in-depth FE guide, try searching for it. It might even be stickied.

3. Remsaa

Remsaa IncGamers Member

I use the Dragon Claw finisher only and it seems to be working out great for me, it might just be my imagination but it seems to actually connect more. Dragon Tail I loved with my first couple of assasins but I tended to basically render my Merc either useless or dead. Maybe thats why she isnt one of my highest level character though :p

4. lasagnaman

lasagnaman IncGamers Member

i though dragon claw was bugged (or "designed," since it hasn't been fixed since forever) to release charges on the first claw only?

5. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure that was intentional. After all, any finishing move or normal attack releases your charges. allowing them to be released by both DC attacks would essentially double your damage output per charge up skill, and that would be pretty unbalancing.

6. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I think this is only partly true. DC does release 2x CoT charges, nothing else.

It is very good finish move regardless.

Edit: The FE questions are answered in FAQ. slightly out dated however. Couple of things should be edited (FE bug is worse than what I thought).

7. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

FE bug is only really seen in Hell. The worst example that often comes to mind is the dreaded Hell Ancients, against whom you can seemingly die instantly just by standing in their general vicinity.

edit: DC really releases 2 CoT charges? Hmm...