Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Vang's new goal: A sept!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vang, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Vang

Vang IncGamers Member

Vang's new goal: A sept!

Well, after playing a ton and being able to make some snazzy new runewords and building some fun characters, I knew I needed something else because when your spending nearly every waking moment for more than a month pondering about playing D2, its time for a change.

So with that I bring you my sept project.

Version: 1.09b. Player setting: Any.

Rules:
    • Each character must become a Guardian before another character is rolled.
    • Each character can be given a total of 3 items from the previous Guardian. No item maybe reused.

Simple and easy. I decided 3 items total because some characters may need something of any level.

First up: A Necromancer.

Strategy for him: Get a Viable small army with few points placed into summon skeleton and skeleton mastery. Branch from their. I imagine I'll be a mixture of mainly Revives, Skeletal Mages and some Corpse Explosion with a bit of Bone Spirit Mixed in!

Not sure if 1.09 has the gumby slow or not, so not sure on him.

Inspiration: Anyone else that has done a Sept and the many Guardians that have been obtained.

2. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

Re: Vang's new goal: A sept!

As far as I recall Clay Golem always had slow in LoD. I might be wrong.

3. wielanja

wielanja IncGamers Member

Good luck with your sept! One suggestion I have would be to have a set strategy for any immunes that will hinder your build. On my untwinked trapsin I was split between fire blast and light sentry instead of relying completely on my merc for LI's and it was a great idea.

4. Vang

Vang IncGamers Member

@wielanja,

In 1.09b there are no synergies, so skills like fire blast are essentially pretty useless. The benefit is you have a lot more freedom on how to place since not everything helps everything else out.

5. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

Summons except Druid's Grizzly faired poorly against Act Bosses in 1.09. Necro Summoners in general relied on Corpse Explosions to kill in hell.

Immunities was non factor as well. Amp, LR, ect all broke immunities. LR also lowered magic resist in 1.09.