Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Valkyrie damage?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Lensor, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Lensor

Lensor Banned

Valkyrie damage?

This may be a totally "noob" question, but it just occured to me that I have no idea how much damage my Valk does. On the skill tab it says 550%damage... 550% of what damage, exactly? How do I find out how much damage she does. Is there a table somewhere? :scratch:

Also, is her chance for critical/dodge/evade/avoid the same as the skills i have allocated in those (before + skills that is) or are there any gains/losses there?

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Valkyrie damage depends on her equipment. Basically, with each point placed into valk, she can use better armor, weapons etc. The % ed displayed is the ed bonus that she gets on top of her weapon. The equipment list is as follows:

lvl 1 rare full plate mail and spear
    lvl 2 adds magic heavy gloves
    lvl 4 adds magic heavy boots
    lvl 5 adds magic heavy belt
    lvl 7 upgrades full plate mail to rare chaos armor
    lvl 8 upgrades spear to rare lance
    lvl 10 upgrades heavy gloves to magic war gauntlets
    lvl 11 upgrades heavy boots to magic war boots
    lvl 12 upgrades heavy belt to magic war belt
    lvl 13 adds magic amulet
    lvl 14 adds magic circlet
    lvl 16 replaces chaos armor with rare sacred armor
    lvl 17 replaces lance with rare war pike
    lvl 19 upgrades war gauntlets to rare crusader gauntlets
    lvl 21 upgrades war boots to rare mirrored boots
    lvl 23 upgrades war belt to rare colussus girdle
    lvl 25 upgrades magic amulet to rare amulet
    lvl 27 upgrades circlet to rare tiara

So as you see, level 8 Valk uses a rare Lance (base dmg 27-114) and level 17 Valk uses rare War pike (33-178 dmg), the damage then depends on mods that spawn on her weapon, and the % ed is also added to her final damage. So in the end, the damage is quite respectable. Too bad she attacks soooo slowly.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Valks were never meant to be fast attackers IMO. She is a tank for a low life character, nothing more. A character who is not supposed to be hit. If you max valk, or at least go to lvl 17 or so, she can tank the toughest monsters in the game. That is her purpose in life.

4. Lensor

Lensor Banned

Yes, I have always mostly looked at her only as a superb tank, was just wondering about her actual damage...

So, if she does 550% damage, and has a warpike, she will do at least (33-178)*5.5 = 181,5-979 damage? And even more in case her warpike spawns with ed (how is that calculated btw? not that i would know if her wep had ed, but anyway..). Add some % critical, and she can deal some real damage. :thumbsup:

I guess she is a much better killer than I used to give her credit for :clap:

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

The damage looks nice on paper, but from my experience she doesn't really do much:( But I only have a lvl 17 Valkyrie maybe she improves considerably on higher levels, although I kind of doubt it.

6. Dacar92

I keep believing that the Valk was never meant to kill fast. She can stand up to any monster in the game, though, and keep that monster busy so you can spam arrows from afar. I think that was her purpose. She was not meant to equip with a tomb reaver and guilliames face. That is what your merc is for. You merc can kill fast (well, some can). The Valk has a lot of hit points, is meant to live a long time, and keep meanies away from you.

7. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

Not to mention they heal incredibly fast, even while still under attack.

Btw, what do the different colors of armor mean? I used to know them, but I've forgottem them. I know that a "blue" Valk casts a frozen nova every now and then, and that a 'red' one seems to have a ton of life, but that's about it.

8. Dacar92

Orange-damage returned
    silver-def based on char lv
    gold-enhanced def
    black weapon cruel
    red weapon-life leech.
    Blue Frost Nova

She is a heck of a tank. I have never played a bowazon without her. She is somuch a part of my strategy, how I play the game, that I may have to give it a try sometime. Just to see if I can survive. :)

9. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

Concerning colors, there's a light gold and a dark gold color, and light and very bright gray colors, what do they mean? I think I remember reading that a 'dark gold' color means the Valk spawned with all rares or something, but not sure.

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Most of the high-end affixes have a so called transformcolor, which colors the weapon or armor. With multiple of these on an item, the first affix with a transformcolor is the one that actually gets to color it. On rares that means there can be up to 5 other affixes, but they're invisible.

Armor
    Prefixes
    Blue: Dragon's (+mana, useless on a Valk)
    Dark Gold: Saintly, Holy, Godly
    Light Yellow: Glowing
    White: Faithful
    Suffixes
    Blue: of Nova
    Red: of the Mammoth, of the Colussus
    Dark Red: of Defiance
    Dark Yellow: of Stability
    Orange: of Spikes, of Razors

Weapons (or spears)
    Prefixes
    Black: Ferocious, Cruel
    Dark Gold: Massive, Savage, Merciless, Knight's, Lord's, King's, Master's, Elysian
    Dark Green: Septic, Envemoned, Corrosive, Toxic
    Dark Red: Ember, Smoldering, Smoking, Flaming, Condensing
    Green: Valkyrie's, Berserker's
    Light Blue: Snowy, Shivering, Boreal, Hibernal
    Light Gold: Gold, Platinum, Meteoric, Strange, Veteran's, Raging, Resonant, Pure, Sacred, Hallowed, Spearmaiden's
    Light Yellow: Static, Glowing, Buzzing, Arcing, Shocking
    White: Fool's, Grinding, Hawkeye
    Suffixes
    Black: of Carnage, of Slaughter, of Performance, of Transcendence
    Blue: of Nova, of Lightning, of the Glacier, of Winter
    Red: of the Locust, of the Lamprey, of the Wraith, of the Vampire,
    Dark Green: of Pestilence, of Anthrax
    Dark Red: of Burning, of Incineration
    Dark Yellow: of Thunder, of Storms, of Quickness
    Dark Gold: of the Giant
    Light Blue: of Icebolt

11. Lensor

Lensor Banned

Another thing, if her rare stuff spawns with + to amazon/passive/java skill levels, will she benefit from it? Not that I would be able to know if it did, just wondered if she is, by the game, considered to be an amazon.

12. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

At levels 35 and above it takes quite serious cursing ,poisoning and hits to take down a valkyrie and if you max critical strike she benefits from that.Also I think maybe she can occasionally spawn with crushing blow and absorb items and sometimes casts hydras,amp damage, lower resists etc

On one memorable occasion a valk of mine against Hell Diablo, who does his best to ignore her, followed him across too and pinned him against a wall and finished him off though thats the exception I imagine.

13. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

I do remember that Diablo ignores the Valk --- which somewhat contradicts your statement about her purpose :)

I'm going to make a Bowazon soon (actually, she's permed already... but I ened to trade for some more gear, Windforce in particular...) so I'll see for myself, but which other monsters ignore her?

The thing is, I've been playing a Skelemancer for the whole season, and most of the previous season, so I'm used to having a crowd of minions and an almost unkillable golem that no monster ignores (they even turn around if I cast him behind them, and I use him as cover). Having just the Valk and the merc, and possibly the Decoy, will be a challenge to start with... but if most monsters ignore the Valk... :-(

I don't even see her killing Diablo anytime soon, since she'd be busy running away, rather than pumping arrows into him...

14. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

Most monsters do not ignore the valk insofar as if you stand behind her they will have to kill her to get to you.

Diabo wont ignore the valk if you are not presenting yourself as a target though if you have opened up the distance too much your valk will disengage and try to move towards you,obviously followed by diablo.

Diablos fire and lightning ranged attacks can be stopped by melee and also by running fast very tight rings around him whilst the valk stabs at him whilst he rotates on the spot.

15. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Now, that's good news (for me, not for her...)

Hm... I guess I'll just have to see. I did have a M'avina amazon last ladder, but wasn't too thrilled with her --- and I do remember my valk running up to diablo, and diablo just passing by her to chase me. So the problem here wasn't me pulling back the valk, AFAICS, unless she wanted to engage in some... uhm... close range activity with me.
    I never got Diablo to target the valk...
    But then, maybe I just need more practice :)

In any case, if Diablo is the only problem then I can live with it :)

16. Rune

Rune IncGamers Member

Im gonna try a pasive ama once :p , getting valk as powerfull as posibel

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band x 2
    Amu + 3 passive
    Tiara + 3 passive
    Heart of the Oak
    Spirit
    Chains of Honor
    Arachnid Mesh
    gloves and boots whit lots of resistance
    9 Pasive skillers whit life
    anni
    Hellfire Torch

20 points to valk
    20 points to decoy
    20 points to critical
    20 points to dodge
    20 points to penetrade

get max block and get some small rezz charms socket helm um get a merc whit defense aura :p

whit warcrys this would be lvl 50 Valk :p

i know this would be kinda lame but i played d2 for 6 years whit a few brakes... in those 6 years i tryed everithing

17. Rune

Rune IncGamers Member

Forgot that there is + 3 passive gloves aswell :p

lvl 53 ^^

Sorry for spam wasent abel to edit

18. citybird

citybird IncGamers Member

Oh great. now thanks to this guide I HAVE to get my valk up to lvl 27. That should make her nearly invincible with a lvl 20+ decoy synergy.

One question. I noticed with Harmony Runeword bow that the Revives dissapear when you switch out the bow. Since the +3 to valk is on this bow does her lvl go down 3 notches when you switch out the bow??

Also don't forget that some sets give you +3 to all skills.

19. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

yes your valk will lose any bonuses from the bow by switching....hover your mouse over the skill icon to see the drop in valk

20. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

But hovering your mouse over that skill icon will show the new lower skill level if you cast her again after switching FROM +skill equipment. I believe the valk remains at the +skill level she was cast until you recast her with a different skill level, same thing such as battle orders.