Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

valk and D/A/E VS no valk

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by galzohar, Jun 14, 2008.

1. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

valk and D/A/E VS no valk

I'll start by saying that while many guides say get valk to 17, it just doesn't seem right to me. There are just not enough skill points unless you go LF/physical damage with an ITD bow or just ignore non-physical attacks.

What I can't decide though is if to get lvl1 valk and thus have to suffer the D/A/E animations interrupting me and stopping me in place, or just settle for decoy and a merc (and save 4 valueable skill points).

Is a level 1 valk that much stronger than a decoy to be worth it? And will it be enough stronger to be worth the D/A/E animation? Even if it's not stronger than the decoy an extra tank to redirect some gloam lightning is always nice, but will the valk make up for the anoying D/A/E?

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Re: valk and D/A/E VS no valk

You'll be hit less with a valk and the longer she lives the less you'll be affected by D/A/E animations. Gloams will kill her, especially at level 1. Gloams will kill her at level 17, too, but that is when she gets the last decent, affordable upgrade in her gear. A bowazon is not supposed to be hit very much anyway, so if you don't rush head first into trouble (like I do...:whistling: ) you should be fine with 1 point in D/A/E.

3. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

You can prebuff your valk to lvl 17. Doesn't seem too hard. circlet, amulet, double soj, anni, torch, 2 skill armor, hoto, spirit, gloves, arachs and skiller you may even get you a lvl 33 valk with only 1 hard point.

4. Dacar92

Seems like a bunch of gear that won't be around at the start of a ladder and some of that is unreachable by most legit players.

5. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Not to mention that if you play smart with valk and decoy, you need to cast them again when needed and not just use your valk as a merc.

6. galzohar

Yeah I like the idea of repositioning my valk at will and don't like the idea of investing in all that impossible gear just to not have to cast valk as often.

My issues isn't 1 point valk dying, since I can just recast, my issue is wether it's worth suffering the D/A/E animations for the sake of having another tank.

7. Dacar92

Yes, I would. Have another tank, that is. But to each his own. I would rather have my valk live longer and not be bothered with having to recast all the time. I'd rather spend my time and energy on spamming LF or strafe.

8. galzohar

Of course it's better if she doesn't die, it's just that when you choose between using your budget to trade for P&M skillers or Jav/spear skillers, not to mention more basic and important items like razortail/titan's/good circlet, the choice is quite clear.