Valentine's Day Spreads Carnage

Anakha1

Banned
Valentine's Day Spreads Carnage

A 29-year-old man flipped head over heels -- literally -- when he lost control of his vehicle trying to catch the attention of a pair of female motorists. Kingston police said the man was driving eastbound on Bath Rd., east of Armstrong Rd., with three other men when another car occupied by two women drove past.

As the car passed, the women waved at the men who then sped up to see who the women were. The driver changed lanes west of a set of train tracks, lost control of the car, hit a snowbank and rolled the car. The car slid on its roof for 90 metres before stopping. No one was injured. Police have charged the driver with careless driving and driving with no insurance.
Link

I know this has technically nothing to do with VD day, but I'm suspicious nonetheless. Can we say for sure this guy wasn't desperately trying to get a date for that occasion? DAMN YOU VALENTINE!!!

Akira

OK this is going to be a stupid question but can you be charged for driving without insurance? That's what the article seems to be saying.

cleanupguy

Diabloii.Net Member
In the state of California, USA, I think if you get caught driving without a valid auto insurance, your car gets impounded and taken away until you can provide a valid proof of auto insurance. Of course, you need to pay for the fine and the towing fee. I don't think you get arrested though.

Akira said:
OK this is going to be a stupid question but can you be charged for driving without insurance? That's what the article seems to be saying.

cleanupguy said:
In the state of California, USA, I think if you get caught driving without a valid auto insurance, your car gets impounded and taken away until you can provide a valid proof of auto insurance. Of course, you need to pay for the fine and the towing fee. I don't think you get arrested though.
$500.00 fine and a 30 day impound + towing + proof of insurance and police paperwork up the wazoo, to get your car back. A customer of mine just went through this. About $1400.00 total.

NB :uhhuh:

Anakha1

Banned
Akira said:

In Canada yes, it is illegal to drive without insurance. It's an automatic $5000 fine in Ontario.