Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Valentine's Day gift ideas.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by thejdawg2, Jan 29, 2004.

1. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

Valentine's Day gift ideas.

I'll be frank. I've never been in a relationship on VDay. Hell, I've not been in many relationships.

But now I'm in a very serious relationship. I'd really like to get her something nice, as I love her to death, but I have no idea what to get her. I'm horrible with gift ideas, especially trying to be creative or romantic. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Bear in mind, being a poor college student limits me. I can't go out and buy her dozens of roses, then take her out to dinner, then for a carriage ride, then etc. I already know she wants to make me dinner, so that pretty much takes that out of the equation. I don't want to go out to a club or a bar, as that pretty much sucks the romance right out of any situation.

Any ideas?

2. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Eat dinner, take her back to your place or her place, and then make sweet sweet love.

3. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

can't go wrong with a severed human hand with a promise ring on it.

failing that, i'd say take her to dinner, then something fun like ice skating or building a :xsnow: .. no movies tho, thats boring T.T
    the wimmins also like anything shiny and expensive, so a piece of jewelry maybe?

4. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

Since it seems to be the somewhat early stages of your relationship, you pretty much have to do something special for Valentine's Day.

Ah, the joys of social terrorism.

5. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

Or it could be because I want to...

6. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I suggest the severed heads of all her enemies.

7. Xynrx

Xynrx IncGamers Member

I'm afraid all I can suggest is what you probably already know, but I will reiterate. You have to find something that either reminds of you, reflects who you are OR who she is to you, or something that signifies something important that happened to both of you.

Example: If your first date involved a date movie, then get it for her on DVD with some candies/chocolates/roses/jewelry (notice how the cost progressively goes up?).

Or, if you two met on a train, buy her a small toy train so she can put it in her room so she can think of you. I have noticed that girls really like it if you show that you went to great lengths in thinking of her, they dig that sentimental stuff. And always, always, breeze it over with chocolates and remind her while you love her.

8. Akira

Akira Member

2 roses, (colours of roses are very important as they mean different things, so choose wisely, pink is a good one to go with, but you should look into it more yourself). If you want to be romantic intertwine them, or have the florist intertwine them. That looks nice and shouldn't set you back too far, depends on your budget though.

9. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Just romanticize your house.

Candles, soft music, clear some room for some dancing. Make dinner, (or let her make it), eat in the candle light, drink some wine, get a little tipsy. Ask her to dance to the soft music, and things should progress nicely from there.

As for a gift, I would say a single red rose would be lovely to give to her when you go to pick her up. For the main gift, I would say it depends on how long you have been dating. I am guessing 6 months or so, so I think that is too soon for any substantial piece of jewelry, so I would leave that out. Perhaps a full day at a spa type place? Or perhaps you can get her a stuffed animal and some chocolates. Dont try to emphasize the gift. That should be secondary in my opinion at this point in your relationship. (hell, even in the future) Focus on the romantic date atmosphere and your love for each other instead.

Then follow Smelly's advice.

10. Mystik

Mystik IncGamers Member

I say go out and but her some lingerie. That always makes a great gift :D

11. toader

toader Banned

Just get her a simple card that says your feelings. But it would also be cool to make oragami roses or something like that, just take some paper into the bookstore and make them there....dont buy the book.

Anyways...here is a good card:

Good Card

12. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

Buy single flowers or single lit candles and attach partial notes to them. Have them lead somewhere with each successive note filling in more of the picture. Have the notes lead her slowly to the bedroom telling her how much you love and want her as she goes, or if thats too forward have them lead her into the kitchen since she wants to make you dinner. Have a nice bottle of wine waiting at the end either way with maybe a light snack tray. Pour her a glass of wine, feed her some strawberries or whatever, then get down to business. :) :cool:

Trust me, she'll love it and it shouldn't cost you much more than 40 or 50 bucks at the high end, much less depending on the total number of flowers or candles you use.

Good luck
    Dutch

13. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

small dead animals, it works for cats right?

14. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

Candlelit Homemade Dinner

At least that's my kind of idea and inexpensive.

15. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

its great to be single.

it sucks to be single.

16. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

Another idea for you, is to go with any talents that you have and spend some time making something for her. If I recall from way back when... aren't you somewhat musically inclined jdawg? Seems I remember you talking about playing the guitar or something ages ago. if this is the case, then write her a song and sing it for her - you will win BIG TIME brownie points for doing that. If you can draw... then spend time creating a painting/picture for her. What this tells her more than anything that money can buy, is that you care enough to take your TIME for her... and that wins big-time points with most women.

The advice already given on romantacism stands... most women like for a man to be romantic... and you going out of your way to be that can be a very good thing.

Avoid the pitfalls of Valentines day... believe it or not, many women don't want cheesy lingerie... because it tends to be a selfish gift. Lingerie tends to say "hey baby... put this on to turn me on... then let me have my way with you"...

I'm telling you... if you go with the romantic options... you'll likely get lucky by default.

17. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Damn people with their girlfriends and their boastfulness.Stop rubbing it in our faces dammit!

18. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

I say, its the though it counts...Personally, im doin dinner/roses (like 3) and maybe some chocolate...

19. Mystik

Mystik IncGamers Member

Ya but, the whole lingerie thing doesn't stand when she tells me to get it for her.

20. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

A Ludacris CD.