v1.09 hellforge rush builds?

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member
v1.09 hellforge rush builds?

I've searched and asked in the question thread and then built a firewall/FO sorc for 1.09 forge rushes. It's a very good build except that I'm having troubles at hell duriel, I have decent maybe even good gear for 1.09 and a whitstan's shield for max. block. Even at that I can't stand toe to toe with duriel long enough to keep a firewall under him (while using static) for very long and I die several times before I can get him killed.

I'd like to hear from people who are now or have done 1.09 rushes and what build you are using/have used successfully that can get hell duriel killed well. Thanks, RR

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: v1.09 hellforge rush builds?

Put your back to a wall and he can't charge you and you can just tank. Just gulp down potions if you wind up needing them. I use the exact same build without any problems - you might also try spending some time at meph or the cows to improve your equipment.

-CG

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

Also remember that the %DR cap in 1.09 is 75%, not 50% as in 1.10+ so if you're up for the str, then shako + stormshield + shaft would give you good block and 75%DR which should help a lot.

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member

Put your back to a wall and he can't charge you and you can just tank. Just gulp down potions if you wind up needing them. I use the exact same build without any problems - you might also try spending some time at meph or the cows to improve your equipment.

-CG
Back up against any wall or a particular spot?

I mf mephy exclusively but maybe I'll throw in some cows also.

@ helvete Thanks I'll give that a try if I really need to. Duriel is the only problem spot, even hell mephy is easier lol.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member

Any wall, the point is being unable to be knocked back. His regular melee attack doesn't hurt all that much, and he won't use the charge attack more than once. If you can survive the first hit and down a big purple or big red or something, he should become much less dangerous.

Meph is IMO a better target for equipment, but 1.09 is known for it's cows (and cows provide levels).

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the info I just ran him twice at p4 with my merc and survived both runs without dying, I think my rushes will go much better now. :party:

Oh of course cows for experience (not sleeping well it's making me slow :dopey:), I could use some more levels I'll do that.

Naab

Diabloii.Net Member

Another way is to use the merc as the tank and you should be behind the merc so he can't be knocked back.This requires ok merc gear though because he needs to be able to tank well(kelpie,shaftstop etc are great for this).Me and other rushers(Denton for example) have used this tactic with good results.
Also i'd recommend bloody foothill runs as an excellent source of experience.

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member

My v1.09 rushing sorceress is a tri elementalist, forb/hydra/TS, level 97 wearing full tals set.
Duriel is easy for hydra. It's called teleport casting tennis. Start at one side of the map, cast a hydra. When duriel gets close, telewalk to the other side, cast again. Rinse and repeat. Teleporting also transports the merc so the merc charges duriel and duriel heads for the merc. then you tele the merc out of danger.

Its pretty safe but takes a bit of practice and a bit of time.