Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

V/T :: T/V weapon question.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jantia, Sep 4, 2006.

1. jantia

jantia Banned

V/T :: T/V weapon question.

Ok, so I know grief is the ultimate weapon for these guys. That being said, is it worth it to use a low IAS roll Grief Zerker over a Grief Phaseblade considering you would have to use 20 IAS gloves instead of bloodfists. How much of a difference does the range make?

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

in PvP range is extremely important. Since you'll be facing lots of pure smiters/zealots/ww barbs/conc/etc.

Especially for a T/V, range is a major factor as they have a weaker smite compared to V/Ts. Hence you'll want to get a hit in asap.

3. jantia

jantia Banned

Thanks for the advice.

So, this is for sp dueling (so I don't have an enigma) but hopefully I will be able to acquire a decent tele ammy. That being said, which variant, in your opinion, is more succesful with dealing with BvCs (who have enigma btw >,<)?

4. RetroStar

The usage of enigma is not really for tele as both builds lack FCR to be efficient telers. Enigma is for the +str it gives so you can have base str.

It really depends on where you duel. On USeast NL, most BvCs don't really stack light at all if not tgods at max. Therefore, my T/V completely destroys most.

Though well prepared Bvc, you'll have a better chance if you go with V/T and try to take them down with smite and hope they make bad WWs.

5. jantia

jantia Banned

I heard that Tele-smite is the best tactic for beating WW barbs. I'm going to go Griffons w/ tele amulet @5 FCR (I'm trying to craft one) so I should break the 30 FCR (shaftstop/Verdungo's for DR). Its going to be mainly GM 1v1's so I'm not usually going to need DR and Res at the sametime.

Edit: I'll probably use Maras (maybe highlords) when facing non-melee since I'll need the resists.

6. RetroStar

Your tele charges will probably run out before you get the chance to hit him. Once a barb realizes that you tele-smite, they will just constantly ww randomly, causing you to get hit once you tele on them.

7. jantia

jantia Banned

is tele useful in other cases/matchups or do you not use tele at all when you duel? 25 or so charges seems plenty for one duel (bear in mind I PvM way more than I PvP and I can mule gold/orts over through characters, so recharge costs don't really phase me that much)

8. RetroStar

Only time I ever found namelock tele useful was against barbs and windy (only way you can beat them if they stack minions)

Otherwise, charge is much better for most cases. Though having tele is always useful to surprise (who figures a smiter with tele?)

Also delayed namelock tele is useful in all situations but you'll rarely use that.

9. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

In terms of Grief PB vs Grief BA,

In SP, I think that the only major threat you'll get are range 3 WW barbs that know clip-whirl. There are no dominate smiters anymore since Deathmage and Mikle are gone. In terms of zealots, Skaman will give you a hard time, but other than that, you could probably get away with range 2. All the fury wolfs and their hybrids use range 2 weapons (I've never seen anyone implement a 110 Giant Treasher yet) so that's no contest.

With regards to a teleport amulet,

It's probably a bad comparison but the only time I've used one is during the 'Challenge of the Moor' (Liquid_Evil and me vs Kabal and CRG). I used it to emulate poor attemps at leap-tele-triwhirl and I never ran out of charges before the match ended. Thing is, you'll probably use tele to reposition, not chase. Also, you have charge/vigor (or mediation) as a secondary movement option.