Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

V/t havin probs vs Bone necs -_-.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Davie., May 12, 2005.

1. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

V/t havin probs vs Bone necs -_-.

Currently using Astreons, rare 20 ias str life 25 lr gloves , ber'd shako/coa ber/40/15'd, enigma mageplate, up'd hoz, verdungos/tgods, soul shank (rare d2c duped boot str/dex 50 ish fire cold lit res) Armaggedon slippers, 10 pcombats some with life 2 or so not. Im having Big probs vs necs. They rarely get on my screen and if they do its to tank me which if they use marrowalks...they can do. -_-. Advice plz?

2. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

smitnig them is a bad idea since they can out tank you (for now.. until grief comes out. maybe itll change the scene) best bet is to desync and foh slowly ; /

3. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

it depends. If you are a *really* good charger, you can knock them into a wall and kill them in about 3 smites (its how I take them out, foh is often useless). Otherwise, walk around with conviction on. watch them spam some spears, sidestep, foh, sidestep again, foh...you get the idea. if they get a chain of spirits on your tail, get the hell out of dodge with charge/teleport, however you do it. Good luck!

--welt

4. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

How do you run/hit the necro when there is like a million minions everywehere when he teles on top of you?

5. Weltkriegpally

at that point, you hope you can get a foh lock on the necro itself, if not, you are going to die. You can't convert the minions, and you are probably already amp/decreped and he probably has a merc. If its all skellies, you could try shift+charging and fohing the merc. It will kill most of the damage and holy bolts kill skellies. As far as the revives go, you can wait about 3 minutes (less considering), and then let them all die. once those are gone, the necro should be easy enough. But since the original poster asked about bone necros, I am going to assume that he maybe has a clay golem and a few bone walls. That duel is much more winnable.

--welt

6. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

What they generally have is Mauler minions from a2 or venom lords making him a ***** to lock with foh and yea I get tanked I hate it when they dont even have much dr and tank you -_-. I might quit my v/t till ladder ends.

7. Weltkriegpally

oh good, revives. Just charge around like a chicken with your head cut off for 3 minutes. He will either have to go get more minions or go back to town. either way, its a win for you. especially since you can make fun of him for having to use minions to duel.

--welt

8. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

As someone said, with grief you just need 2 smite hits to put them down.

9. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

nonono :p when I namelock the necro with FoH and he has 3 minions around him the chance of me hitting is only 25%. (This is only from experience). Mostly I never hit necros with FoH... now this was back in 1.09 I don't know if it was changed in 1.10 ;) Besides I can't see why necros don't use claw vipers? 10 of those and bone spirit would only be like a secondary attack :eek:

10. Weltkriegpally

namelocking the necro (if you are positive you have), will hit the necro now. in .09, if there was something else closer, you would hit that.

--welt

11. DanteAlastor

DanteAlastor Banned

1v1 only

based on your gear u dont have enough fhr... u need atleast 86 thats why u are losing against them.. u get stunned when they tele on you+cast bones..
    I on the other hand if they tele on me they just gave me a BIG FAVOR on winning against them. they get stuck unable to cast and unable to teleport away when i smite them to death... see strategy2 Hi block necros..

I have an ez time against bone necro... and this strategy has been tested against aa users and non aa users and proven by my countless wins against necs(with very little losses)

there are 2 types of pnb necro... with max fhr+fcr
    hi block low lifer mid resist necros and noblock hi life hi resist...

(strategy1)against lowblockers change ur mara and rings to angelix and equip yourself with 2 handed ebotd.. (cb for example) charge around to dodge (sometimes it desynchs) then once u get a clear shot chargem to death, if they escape ur charge then foh them . if you dont give them knockback zeal them because zealing with 2 handed weapon is much better than smiting (if they tele on you then shift zeal)... works 85% of the time

(strategy2)against hiblockers... dont use angelix and do not use 2handed weapon thus negating charge and zeal option because of hi blocks and 95% of them have lower life(sacrificing their vita pts to dex and hi block necro heads usually have lower resist so foh is usefull)
    so foh them and chargem if they dont get kb thats when u smite them ... (works 60-75% of the time)*i strongly advice to use the terrain when they tele on you...you must be on a space where theres a pool or a tree or a bush that prevents your smite from knocking back necros.. so when you stuck the necro between your smite and a pool, tree, house or anything that prevents kb during smite. if u do this 100% chance win no matter what.. they cannot tele or they cannot cast pnb attacks.(this strategy is usefull against wind druids hammerdins)

note the percentage is your chance of winning. take out 10-20% chance of winning if noob necro is using aa

12. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Hey thx for the useless advice. Smite is unninteruptible *read u can smite even when stunned by bone spirits. When I duel necs I am either charging, foh'ing or smiting. Charge and smite are both unninteruptible and foh doesnt work real well when they are close (trading dmg is a bad idea). Btw I am a VINDI TEMPLAR not a zealot. If I equip a 2 hander I will be decrepified/slowed/unable to attack if charge fails. And yes I do know how to duel on a v/t im just a little rusty and ****ing pissed that they can tank me.

13. DanteAlastor

DanteAlastor Banned

my first question is have you tried equiping your vt with 2handed weapon?
    try it before you say useless
    useless advice you say...you asked for advice and now you dont want it?

make up your mind do u want advice or not?

it works wonders for me. and worked for my friends (vt) when i let them borrow my ebotdcb
    smite is interuptable thats true but you get interupted b4 you attack(smite) them which means u will still go unto an hit recovery animation which slows down ur attack. which means u need fhr
    if my advice is useless then u will be tanked tanked by a necro as long as you play vt. because whenever a necro tries to tank me, he always end up being dead. not me.

if you dont consider my advice then whenever a necro tries to tank you. your vt will end up dead. not the necro. if your vt ends up dead u get pissed. and when u get pissed. well i dunno what u do when u get pissed. so good luck.

if u still think my advice is useless. i cant change your mind. im giving you advice FROM EXPERIENCE AND IT WORKS WONDERS I WIN AGAINS NECROS