Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

V nasty....

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by WNxBeeky, Mar 18, 2004.

1. WNxBeeky

WNxBeeky IncGamers Member

V nasty....

Well after helping 4 ppl in one evening through diab and ancients with my ele druid, i decided to go and do some baal runs to finish off.

I joined a game with 5 players, asked for pp, noted that all 5 other players were in throne, and asked for a tp.

Silence
    *tp plz*
    silence
    * safe tp plz....
    silence again...
    *teleport plz*

just as im about to leave one opens up - i ask 'safe?' just before i enter, to be replied 'y'

I enter, and live barely 1 second before listers minions chew me up for breakfast. Before i can even vent my anger at such a terrible tp placement, or despair at losing all the equipment i had (lidless, iselstrike, duriels - im not uber rich), all i see is derisory 'hahahahah's' 'noooobs and 'lmaos!!!' from the 5 other players.

It seems that they deliberatly planted that tp, timed around when lister arrived, to kill this random person that had come to lvl with them. While i respect the efforts of legit duelers / pk'ers, and though i dont participate in it, understand that it is certainly part of this game, this is just plain malice pure and simple.

You may deem this to be a silly old moan, but maybe it can also just boost up ppls vigilance a little. It just proves that even innocent, simple PvM leveling is fraught with dangers - namely ppl who plan to kill others, without even the guts to hostile.

2. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

That was just evil! Did you get their names? Lets all chase them with rotten fruit! (and no I am not being sarcastic, that was a really crappy thing to do.)

RIP Beeky.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Lets organize a pk team to hunt them!

Seriously, that does really suck, a lot. Those guys are real jerks, i agree with everything you said beeky.

-Matt

4. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I'm sorry for your loss, Beeky.

I agree, people can definitely be jerks. There are a lot of immature people out on bnet.

It seems like relative anonymity also increases the bad behavior, because people know they won't get "caught".

Sometimes I get similar feelings when I'm stuck in rush hour traffic. :rant:

5. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

hey hey! post some names, my PK assasin is going to be set probably tomorrow and will be looking for worthy prey :D

6. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

Ruh Roh .... first I advocate PK and then I possibly assign you a silly new nick name. I R TEH EBIL!!!! (I do like Beeky though - 'tis cute!)

7. WNxBeeky

WNxBeeky IncGamers Member

Unfortunatly i didn't get any names. They weren't belonging to a clan, nor did they stick out in my memory (that and i left in disgust after about 5 seconds, eyes flaming, and heart pounding). The main reason for posting was to make sure ppl stay alert.

If you get long pauses asking for a tp in a baalrun be very very wary.

I appriciate that people feel the same way about this. I have only been pk'ed once, 6 months ago on my first ever hc game, and never since. What a way to break that run hmm?

Well WNx-Maelstrom is reborn again.:)
    (lvl 56 seems to be a jinxed lvl for me - 4 characters dead on that level)

Oh and Beeky is my nickname in real-life - though i ain't cute. o_O

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Sorry

Well, keep at it, and be more patient, its much easier to leave the game than rebuild 56 lvls, so dont let greed or impatience do you in!

9. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

It's a lesson! If you dont know the ppl dont take the tp.