Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

V. Act - Rescue on the mount Arreat

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by negotiator, Sep 9, 2010.

1. negotiator

negotiator Diabloii.Net Member

V. Act - Rescue on the mount Arreat

Hey guys, I'm having some problems with completion of the second quest in V. Act. I actually managed to rescue all the barbarians safe and sound but there was something wrong with the last fence and the portal appeared somewhere else (near the second fence to be more specific). So the barbarians of course aren't able to leave the fence and enter the portal because they're trying to go straight towards it - that means they are not going towards the exit of the fence and they are trappes there because of the AI. The text in the quest log states that I can't finish this quest in this game and that I should play a new one if I want to complete it. Well, it's the fifth act and I like my character and don't wanna start over with the same one just bacause of this ridiculous situation. Have you ever encountered somerthing like that? Is it necessary to complete this particular quest to successfully finish the game? Thanks for any comments.

2. Shaigon

Shaigon Diabloii.Net Member

Re: V. Act - Rescue on the mount Arreat

It seems like you think you need to create a new character to complete this quest? If so that is not the case, all you need to do is create a new game and try the quest again. Unfortunately sometimes you'll see a bug like this and there really isn't any way to fix it other than making a new game and trying again.

To answer your second question, it is not necessary to complete that quest to finish the game. In fact, the only quests you NEED to complete are the end-act quests, the other quests are all optional. For example: If you have the Catacombs 2 waypoint, you can just go ahead and kill Andariel and move on to act two, without completing the first 5 quests of act 1.

3. negotiator

negotiator Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks a lot.

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

the map seed may be bugged too
    if you play sp and it happens again, try rerolling the map (create a lan or open bnet game with that char, then go back to sp)

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I heard that the barbarians in the fences can die. The monsters don't shoot at them, but the prisoners can be hit e.g. by missiles which are aimed at the characters.