Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

USWEST SC Ladder new season team.

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by oscarmk1, May 28, 2005.

1. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

USWEST SC Ladder new season team.

Hello,

Me and a friend are planning on making a team for the next ladder season (in case that ever happens). As of now its just me and my friend ee. Anyway this would be on Uswest Softcore Ladder, so if anyone is interested in joining us, please let me know. Also its not a requirement but i would prefer ppl with over 800 posts, so we can all be trustworthy and share equipment and such.

For example, say a bow drops but the barb got it, well i suppose the barb should give it to the amazon, and then all the team wins. Of course unless its windforce then yeah barb can keep it. But if its like lets say kuko well the amazon should have it.

So if interested leave acct names please, and the character clase you will be using, because it would be wise to be balanced in that, for better results. Ill be a wind druid, and my friend will either be a wind druid or a blizz sorc.
    Thank you
    -Oscar

2. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver IncGamers Member

Too bad about 800 posts, team play is the best.

If I was building a team, I'd want to start with party chars:
    singing barb ---warcries (bc, bo, shout)
    summoning, cursing necro ---meatwad, curses (CE)
    avenging paly ---off auras (fanaticism)
    enchanting sorc ---enchant (fire/elec)
    wind druid ---oak spirit (hurricane)
    healing paly ---def auras (holy bolt)

and then finish off with a hand-to-hand offensive punch and some long-range support:
    fury druid ---wolverine spirit (grizzly)
    cold sorc --- (cold/elec)

I think a team like this would be fun to play and could probably steamroll through the game untwinked. Three super tanks plus a few strong minions; closely supported through wind, heal, and curse; and deeply supported through fire and cold elementals.

Let me know if you change your mind about the post count. ...I could play any of those chars in a team.

3. oscarmk1

Hello,

Well actually it does say in my post that 800 post is not a requirement. I am sure you can be a part of the team, post your acct name and we will talk online.
    -Oscar

4. inatey

inatey IncGamers Member

i would love to join... i actualy dont intend to play much till the new season. my accound name is Frenzy8 so msg me when i am on... but do you have AIM of Msn?

5. druliusCleaver

~drulius or ~mopbucket. I'll probably make a new account for a ladder team.

How often are you looking at playing? Generally I would probably be most available evenings (after 6 in Texas, central time) for blocks of two or three hours most days through the summer, provided of course that ladder actually resets sometime during the summer.

What are the sharing rules? It appears you are looking for a "best fit" sharing rule, i.e. an item goes first to a char that can best use the item no matter who first picks it up. That's a good rule for items that have class-only attributes, but for items that would be a good upgrade for every character on the team, item drops should go to each team member in turn. With hand-me-down items being exchanged throughout the team before any item selling occurs.

The above share philosophy applies well to rare-yellow, set-green, and unique-bronze items; but for normal-white and magical-blue items a more liberal "first to pick up, keeps" rule could suffice. Of course, I'm assuming that team members would always give other team members the option to wear nice found items before selling the items for gold.

What are the twinking/muling rules? I'd vote for no twinking from outside the team, but mules within the team allowed.

What about runes and runewords? With no twinking, the highest runes will most likely be uncommon. I'd say pool all team runes and gems. In the beginning each char could choose one or two runewords they would eventually like to use, then all pooled runes would be saved and cubed to eventually make those chosen runewords. I would also be willing to play a no-runewords rule.

keyword: ramble

6. mdk

mdk IncGamers Member

I may be new to this forum, but I've been reading this site and playing for a while and I'd like to play with other people. I'll make a new account, probably a Barb or Paly. I'm new to Battle.Net, so would the team start out at low levels?

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

If it's a ladder reset, twinking shouldn't be an issue. If first to hit 99 is your goal I don't think I'll have the time for that, but I'd be happy to help out where I can. Barring any crazy new changes, I'll be going with a summoner first, but I have a newfound love for barbs. Look me up at *pherdnutwest

Where are the latest rumors coming from anyway? Seems like everybody is pretty sure there is going to be one this time.

8. oscarmk1

Hello,

Well, we dont intend to get to lvl 99, basically we just want to get to a high lvl around ** or so. Also about the untwinking as Pherdnut pointed out it wont be a problem.

Regarding the item share, yes we want it to be pretty much as druliusCleaver said.

Well i dont log in much in diablo ii atm, just waiting for ladder season to end, ill be making a new acct as well, keep checking this post for whenever ladder resets, so we can all post our new acct names.

9. GrenadeJumper

GrenadeJumper IncGamers Member

i dont have 800+ posts but i would love to join your new season ladder team.
    i could try bieng a lightning zon, or a necro summoner.

my account name is *Falloutboy319

10. druliusCleaver

What I meant by the untwinking was:

Suppose you also start some other ladder chars along with the char on this team because you have more time to play than the team does, will you be allowed to import items to your team char?

and also, will team members be allowed to trade for items from outside the team?

11. oscarmk1

Yes that would be allowed.

12. LiquidIce

LiquidIce IncGamers Member

i just started a necro and my acc is LiquidIce753

13. oscarmk1

well we still need to wait for ladder to end unfortunatelly.

14. LiquidIce

LiquidIce IncGamers Member

yea, i can always start again =)

15. druliusCleaver

so is it true the ladder is resetting Monday 8-8-05?

If so, is this team still looking to play?

16. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Do you have any spots left? If so I'd love to join (signed up for a different ladder team but haven't got a response yet :( ). I'll most likely be a summoner or a frost zealot.

17. vince1892

vince1892 IncGamers Member

im down man

*fredfury or *anfguyvince

its vince from gimmeitam just incase you were wondering

i could use some help with the uber3 if anyone gets a chance, im on *fredfury right now

18. DCypherDET

DCypherDET IncGamers Member

Well it's one post, lol.. but i have been around D2 in my day, was a god on 09 lol. My account is DCypherDET if you want to talk about it sometime.