Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[USWEST NL] 40 High Rune Giveaway -Ideas

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BER, Mar 31, 2005.

1. BER

BER IncGamers Member

[USWEST NL] 40 High Rune Giveaway -Ideas

I want the most worthwile giveaway ever, because after all i am gonna give 40 high runes to some random person.

I made a deal which i regret deeply, so now im gonna take a break or maybe quit... im tired of this game...

I need all ideas which arent agianst the rules...

EDIT: No, im not a duper, and yes ive had these runes for more then 3 weeks on one character, and check up on them once a month, none have disapeared. If im gonna give them out i dont think people should complain.

2. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

I find it can be quite dissapointing to a lot of people when giveaway like this are done, as everybody who doesn't receive something is dis-heartened. Perhaps rather than that you could just pick a random person and PM them your account details or something similar?

3. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

What kind of deal? Anyways, you can always do a joke contest because those are always fun. Or some sort of trivia contest.

4. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

I dont think that giveaways like this where there are more than one item should be based on first posts, trivia contests, etc. Going with the "everyone included idea" maybe instead of giving all the runes to one person you give a First/Second/Third or a 4 way 10 rune each prize. More people are included, and considering the amount of stuff that you are sacrificing(most people will never have anything even remotely close to 40 high runes) it allows you to spread the wealth along with the joy. In the end I think that the best way to decide who is the "victor" is by your own discression, because trivia and things like that are mainly just based on timing and who happens to be around when you ask a certain question etc.

Goodluck with the contest and thanks for the generosity, even if you regret it.

phil

5. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

If you really want to make a difference, then do your own research on the people on this board who play on your realm.

Give runes to those who really need it, rather than some joke contest. That way, even a 8 way 5 rune each gift is really appreciated because it might be the biggest windfall they have ever seen, rather than to somebody who will leave them on a mule together with his 100 other HRs.

I do not play on West.

6. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

its easy to give away 40 runes.
    press my avatar --> Send a private message to jordy666.
    put ur acc name and pass in it :wink2:

Or a joke/funny screenshot competion

-jordy :king:

7. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

screenshot competition is the way to go. People can google for jokes etc, ask for some funny screenie instead. (not that they cant be googled, but at least it requires some effort)
    :)

8. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

there should be an updated list on each person who wins a giveaway. then, the next giver can look at hte list, and see if someone who is a potential winner has already won an inheritance previously, and disqualify them. :)

9. space_loner

space_loner IncGamers Member

Jordy... watch it there...

Haven't had a good screenshot competition in a good while.