uswest ladder exile question

lotrfan

Diabloii.Net Member
uswest ladder exile question

ive been wanting to make an exile shield for awhile now, but the only shield that i have so far is a protector shield def 144 (non eth) with all res +33. i was thinking of waiting for a eth vortex shield with more resists but its dang hard to find one and too expensive to buy one. what do you guys think? should i just make it already or should i hold out a little longer. id like to make obviously before ladder is done this season

thanks for all your help

lotrfan

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
The constant defiance aura granted by an Exile shield makes a 50 point difference in armor value pretty much a nonissue. Either way you're going to have an insane AV. Sacred Targe is usually preferred over the rest for it's higher block rate (60%) and it's not that hard to find. I seem to have the best luck finding sacreds on cow runs.

lotrfan

Diabloii.Net Member
SORRY whats AV

so you think i should go for it and do it.

or should i look for a sacred targe with high resists?

thanks

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd wait for a while. 144 base def seems quite pitiful. Remember that the bonus from the Defiance aura depends on the defense that you have normally, which is largely affected by the shield itself.

~250 is a much better defense range to look for.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
if you mf .... do some meph runs and hit up that armor rack on the side. if you do enough your bound to find something better. I found some decent ones ... not godly but better than what you got by doing this.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
For the runes you are gonna put in it. I'll wait for a better one for more defense and also resale price.

lotrfan

Diabloii.Net Member
actually i took off all my mf on the char thats looking because i was tired of getting magic and rares so hopefully i would increase my chances of getting none magic ones.

i will try hell meph anyways but i didn't think that area was high enough for vortex shield?

lotrfan

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice said:
if you mf .... do some meph runs and hit up that armor rack on the side. if you do enough your bound to find something better. I found some decent ones ... not godly but better than what you got by doing this.
Actually, it's better to remove MF gear to look for socketables.

I personally like to run Hell Cows and Pit for socketables.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
[exile] said:
Actually, it's better to remove MF gear to look for socketables.

I personally like to run Hell Cows and Pit for socketables.
Yea I know but i mf and hit them up and get some decent eth pally shields.

I personally just mf everything mainly b/c i tend to find all my good socketables w/ mf on. (I know this is just luck and in reality i have a better chance w/ zero mf, but to each his own)

AbbaZabba

Diabloii.Net Member
cheesypotatoes said:
if you have a javazon or a hammerdine cows are usually pretty good for socketables.
Ive found great amounts of socketables by using only 29 mf (I cant get it any less) and doing pit runs in public dueling games....Shhhh its my secret ;)....Eventually you will find a better shield or else something that can be traded for one, and if you are lucky, you can find something worth a pre-made exile .... Happy hunting.

J