Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

USwest.. i was scammed

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by longshot2005, Mar 30, 2005.

1. longshot2005

longshot2005 IncGamers Member

USwest.. i was scammed

Ok it's just to whinge a bit.. I'm pretty new to D2 (again). Finally got me a nice sorcie for Mfing and got some goodf stuff. The things i have trouble with are..... ta da you guessed it Gheeds and Annihilus.

Well as we all know these cannot be traded for in window (stoopid concept that one). So since all my previous experience says people are actually nice... i was silly enuff to try trusting 2 different people and well... yup, bitten royally on the behind to say the least.

now to the point. It's a query.. why dop people scam. I mean it's a game. That's it. A simple game. Fun sure.. but why rip folks off. I just makes you a jerk.

Anyway.. that's it. I dont want handouts or anything... ill try to work for em since trading doesn't work (and i have nothing left to trade).

PS: the usernames of the 2 scammers are *ed_pwner and *dark_h*** i forget the last bit. it's in my home puta files for guys to not trust.

thanx for reading my whinge. Happy days all ;-)

2. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

People who run off with drop trade stuff are just plain DULL.

3. Killax

Killax IncGamers Member

besides hating the those dumb people,
    i hatte how you cant trade anni's or gheeds in a trade window, 1 per character is fine with me but...

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

think of it this way, ppl who scam others are 10-11 year olds noobs..

srry for your lost. most important thing to know about bnet is to trust NO one online.

its generally safer to trade on these forums since its 99% legit forum. You can usually trust someone with a high post count.

5. BricBrac

BricBrac IncGamers Member

just remember when dropping ANY item on the ground you're prepared to lose it.

6. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

rule of thumb, do trades here on this forum, most people are very nice and very honest.
    hell, i dont remember the last time i actually used the trade window when trading with forum members, all drop trades and no problem at all, sometimes even a free xfer or something.

7. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

I should probably warn you about that. It's no problem to trust forum members, but it is one to trust battlenet. Sometimes they like to disconnect you for no reason at all (even if you just entered bnet, went into the first game and are playing for 40 minutes or more, they just seem to like to disconnect you) So it's best if you use the trade window for high value trades, or ask the other person to hold the items until you get your proper char.

8. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

True, connection interrupted can hit you any time these days...

Trading on the forums can be even easier: create a account, char and pick up the items you wanna trade away. Then send a private message to the other guy with acc's pw. Fast, easy and no need to be online at the same time.

There's a reason why anni's can't be traded normally. First of all, it's not considered to be a tradeable item by blizz, and secondly, it's possible in theory that people could exploit the code and have multiple anni's in inventory via trading.

9. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

You can however, trade unidentified annis and gheeds. If you want to be really careful though.