Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Using Wizspike w/o a bunch of dex?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Beefman, May 14, 2008.

1. Beefman

Beefman IncGamers Member

Using Wizspike w/o a bunch of dex?

I'm fairly noobish so please bare with me.

I currently have a 92 windy druid that I've been working on gearing out, though I may end up rerolling him someday if i ever manage to get enigma & a torch (via trading i guess) so I can build one w/o wasting a bunch of str (I think i gave him like 146 base str to equip monarch.)...

anyhow, it seems people have been preaching vita over block and so I'd like to be able to equip a wizardspike w/o having to really invest in dex. I have a 19dex ravenfrost i could use (and CBF is very nice).

it seems that wizardspike is recommended fairly often, so how do people reach the dex requirement for it? Is block an all or nothing deal or would it be bad if i had to stick 30-40 into dex, taking it way from my vit for a bit of block and the ability to equip that?

Or since I already wasted a bunch on STR should i just bite the bullet, give this dude dex now and just reroll once I get some better gear.

PS what are the best BPs for Enigma as a windy (one that as I said doesn't mind respeccing once I get good enough gear to warrant it)?

If it helps currently i am wearing:
    Shako
    Islestrike
    Spirit Monarch
    Balrog Plate w/+1 skills (and tal rashas for MF)
    Chancies w/40% MF (i also have magefist)
    Verdungo's 10% DR
    Sandstorm Trek
    And ****ty jewelry (though I've got a raven frost I could nab from my crappy barb)

Aside from 2x elem GCs, my only charms are MF.

TL;DR Version:
    How to get dex requirement to equip wizspike and/or is it a crime to give myself some dex to hit the requirement.

PS What BP would be best candidate for enigma (functional and attractive) on the assumption that I don't mind rerolling my dude to get better stats once i have good enough gear to warrant it.

2. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Re: Using Wizspike w/o a bunch of dex?

There's a Windy guide in the stickies that should answer all of these questions. Look there first then, if you have any additional questions, feel free to pop back and ask them.

3. Beefman

Beefman IncGamers Member

i did go there 1st...

but it's from 1.10 and suggests going w/max block and stormshield which is a strat i've been hearing less of these days. maybe max block is still great, but sounds like more and more folks are going for lots of vita so i'm not sure if i should be concerned about a bit of dex if i'm focusing on vit.

4. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I likes the block. I also love Wizardspike. Druids don't get a whole ton of life from invested Stats, and Tornado is a pretty up close skill to use in PvM; blocking helps keep you alive at close range. If you're PvP then Blocking is the norm.
    If you're missing life then equip more +Vita/+Life equipment.

Shove a Hel rune into it the Wiz for the lower requirements if you must.

The Windy Druid guide has all the relevant Breakpoints to shoot for, and other nifty gear options to help you out.

5. Beefman

Beefman IncGamers Member

sweet thanks.

is dex required for max block lower when you're using spirit (since max block is only like 50% insead of 75%), or is it just dependant on lvl? and do people actually USE spirit when they have decent dex or is stormshield what pretty much what all folks unless you're up against nothing but spell casters...

6. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Lower ctb=more dex needed so not a good idea to go maxblock wth spirit. If you don't have nigma then I suggest don't go max block, you'll run way too much. I like full-plate breast plate and gothic plate on druid...Defence won't make much difference just go with best looking one.(with resonable str req)