Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Using local copy of Battle.net Chars...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Brainslayer, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Brainslayer

Brainslayer IncGamers Member

Using local copy of Battle.net Chars...

hello all

The other day, I was attenting a little LAN-Party with friends. I met one particular guy, who still manages to live without Internet-Connection at home. Turns out, he is an avid D2 player ever since, but of course only single player. So he wanted to play a game over tcp/ip with me, but I only play on b.net.

So I looked around and found, that in the /save directory, there is a subdirectory called [REALM], in my case its europe. In there are some files for every Char i got on b.net. So i tried to just copy these files into the root folder save, where the normal single player chars are saved, but no luck.

Anyone knows, if its possible to play "offline" with your b.net chars? If not, what good for is this local folder on your hd?

Thanks to any info in advance

2. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if this works in 1.10, but it worked it 1.09...

There was a module program for a certain hack (not gonna risk loosing my account here, so I'm not gonna say the name) that lets you do this, but you can't modify you char online with it. Meaning you could use the program to save your char to your HD save folder, but you can't upload it back onto the Realm once you're done with the char.

Just search around hacker forums or Google for 'saveplayer' or something of that sort. Don't try asking for help on it here, though.

3. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

What most people do along with diab. says instead of hacking their char out of the realm, some people use Jamella's (sp?) and make a replica of their char

4. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Hehe, you've never used Jamella, did ya? If you did, you would know about the TREMENDOUS amount of bugs it has with items. And the fact that it doesn't load 1.10 character saves. You could make a 40%ED jewel in Jamella, for example, and once you go in-game (provided that the jewel doesn't corrupt your char file until you remove it using Jamella), you would get a 5xx%ED jewel. Also, bugs like that HoZ bug you could read about in the 1.10 Bugs forum exist. Therefore, it's nearly impossible to recreate your char on singleplayer with Jamella :).

5. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Hmm well i just read that advice when someone else asked a similar question (if you've been here long enough you see A LOT of repeat threads, even some on the same page i'm sure you've noticed) so i thought it would just be an easy way to help this guy out, and no myself i have not used jemellas.. so i retract my previous advice :D

6. Criku

Criku IncGamers Member

As far as I know the local folder stores your characters discovered maps - that is so if you leave a game and then return to the same game then the visited places on the map are already revealed.