Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Using different versions than 1.10.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shenk_The_Underachiever, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

Using different versions than 1.10.

Greetings to all. I know this might not be the place to ask this question, but dammit, i'm gonna try. I very much dislike v1.10. I find it not at all as fun as v1.09. I don't like the idea of it being next to impossible to reach lvl99, among other changes I despise. Anyway, my question is this: is there anyway you can revert back to an older version, someway to get the patch out? My LOD expansion disc is v1.07. Will it revert? Thanks for any help you might give me.

2. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Well, do you want revert only the game or your characters too ?
    If it's only the game, desintall, reinstall and patch with 1.09 patch file for diabloii.net or blizzard's website. For the latter, i can't help you.

3. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

There's a script out there which lets you chance versions easily, I can't remember if it's linked in the SPF FAQ, but give it a look.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I've used that script but suddenly my game crashed and afterwards I couldn't use it anymore...There was some sort of repair feature but that didn't work either... This could just be my computer but I just wanted to warn you. Another solution that I use is to have multiple installs of Diablo II with different patches, that way I can switch without using scripts. Does require a large harddrive but who doesn't have one of those these days.

5. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Actually I tried using the version switcher too, and had the same problem as you Chimaira, so its not just your computer. It can be downloaded from the SPF utilities page: http://atma.diabloii.net/spf/

6. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

:lol:

I gotta say I laughed out loud when I saw your user name Shenk, easily the best parody name I've seen on the forums.

I can just see Baal smacking Shenk on the head and saying:

"What do you mean they got past the siege AGAIN?!"
    "But bossss I barely have more hp then any other overseer!"
    "Overseer? More like underachiever!"

*smacks Shenk on the head again and promptly gets killed by a blizz sorc*

7. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

Lol, thanks TopHat. I like to think of Shenk as the Rodney Dangerfield of DiabloII. :) He's just not going to get any respect. Thanks to all who helped me out with my query.[

QUOTE=TopHatCat64]:lol:

I gotta say I laughed out loud when I saw your user name Shenk, easily the best parody name I've seen on the forums.

I can just see Baal smacking Shenk on the head and saying:

"What do you mean they got past the siege AGAIN?!"
    "But bossss I barely have more hp then any other overseer!"
    "Overseer? More like underachiever!"

*smacks Shenk on the head again and promptly gets killed by a blizz sorc*[/QUOTE]

8. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Well I'm using it aswell and I haven't found any trouble using it

DX

9. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I've never had any problems with the version switcher either, although I only used it for a few months. I found that I had no interest in 1.10 so I deleted everything 1.10 and reinstalled Lod and 1.09.

BTW if you can get TrenShadows version switcher to work you can always go back to the 1.10 stuff anywho!

10. goltar25

goltar25 IncGamers Member

4 GB hard drive. P2 300 MHz. 160 MB RAM. Until January, this was the computer water_moon and I played D2 on. We got a new one then, but still use the old one for MP. Between having Windows, MS Office, D2 and a few minor programs installed, that easily half of the hard drive.

11. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

If you're too lazy to download a version switcher(like me) you can do the following.

Go to your desktop(or any other desired location) and create a folder named Diablo 2 x (where x is the version number you wish to use) and install the version of Diablo 2 you wish to play to your HDD. Now copy all of the .dll files, Game.exe, Patch_D2.mpq, and the save folder and paste them into the folder for the specified version. Then upgrade and do the same for all patches you wish to play. Then when you want to switch versions, just move the required files to their respective folders and move the files from the version you wish to play into your Diablo II folder.

I bet that confused you, didn't it?

12. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

A 40 GB harddrive costs like 50$...shouldn't be out of reach for anyone, if they really want one. 40GB=20 installations of Diablo II, that's one for every patch and then some:)

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

:lol: you could probably buy 1 of those on ebay for 99p now...