useful runewords to summoner?

gordongraydon

Diabloii.Net Member
useful runewords to summoner?

i was wondering what all the useful runewords to a summoner would be, i was thinking of maxing

skellys
skelly mastery
skelly mages
golem mastery
prereqs.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
You forgot one, :smiley:
Beast,
Engima
CTA
Spirit
Hoto

A few more could be used, but these are the basics

GotFriana

Diabloii.Net Member
I d said for a summoner you dont really need runwords, the only one that may add to your build is Enigma for the teleport and some usefull stats. The rest of the equip is much better filled with Necro gear like homunculus, AoKL, etc.
The other runeword d be Infinity for the Merc, and depending on your build/tastes/wealth you could make an Iron Golem out of an Insight for never ending mana.

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member
Beast / Nigma on you.
Cta / spirit on switch

Merc :

Pride + Bramble + dual leech helm.

I'll suggest you to not max mages and just put point into CE.
If you like more mages than melee skelies, go with them and max it. This way, use infinity instead of pride for merc wep.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Hoto > Beast for survivability
Hoto > Aokl for survivability
Hoto > All for a summoner

TheBe

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think a summoner needs help for survivability. They have curses, and minions.
I agree with this. Summoner is pretty hard to get killed if he got all minions around him + merc. Then you also got enigma (teleport). I would use aokl when summoning skelies, then swich to cta+spirit and bo, then take Beast as active (for fana aura).

gordongraydon

Diabloii.Net Member
frianas post gave me some hope, i am definately not the richest guy out there and the best runeword i can afford is the insight one. im working on getting nigma by trading bout 3 chars worth of uniques but so far have had no luck :(

thanks for all the posts guys

acct: gordongraydon
us-east ladder

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
You should have specified what range you are looking at. I automatically assumed that it is high end when I saw CtA and Beast on the list.

Here are some cheaper ones.
Spirit
Obedience
Insight

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO, a summoner should never use HoTO.

Want to prebuff? Use AoKL.

Want more damage? Go with Beast.

Dying a lot? Use Wizardspike.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO, a summoner should never use HoTO.

Want to prebuff? Use AoKL.

Want more damage? Go with Beast.

Dying a lot? Use Wizardspike.
HoTO is the lazy style I guess, don't need to weapon switch while having the FCR , resist and the +3 skill. Its the "in between" of AoKL and Wizard

GotFriana

Diabloii.Net Member
frianas post gave me some hope, i am definately not the richest guy out there and the best runeword i can afford is the insight one. im working on getting nigma by trading bout 3 chars worth of uniques but so far have had no luck :(

thanks for all the posts guys

acct: gordongraydon
us-east ladder
I too assumed you were looking for rune words for your necro, seeing now this post I d like to enphazise you do not need any rune word to finish and play the game very efficiently, even Enigma is a nice thing to have but not obligatory for a necro summoner. As for the merc when you have enough +skills and many minions around he barely ever dies with just unique equip with life leech.

And seeing your post then do not use that Insight for an Iron Golem, that s something you do when you are sure you will be able to easily replace him if the worst happens. IGs can be killed, and also there s allways a slim chance of espontaneous dissapearance (lagg or whatever) so you dont want to risk loosing a hard earned item just at random. Make it on a polearm and equip it on your merc.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want more damage... certainly go with beast, you will get about 1800 extra damage from your skeles, you will however lose resists and fcr.. However, going with wizspike for the extra resists is a bad way to go..... With hoto, you get to keep more of you skeles around, and have more resists and faster cast rate. Wizspike only offers fcr and resists, while beast only offers extra damage. So, if you want the all around best, go with Hoto.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
I too assumed you were looking for rune words for your necro, seeing now this post I d like to enphazise you do not need any rune word to finish and play the game very efficiently, even Enigma is a nice thing to have but not obligatory for a necro summoner. As for the merc when you have enough +skills and many minions around he barely ever dies with just unique equip with life leech.

And seeing your post then do not use that Insight for an Iron Golem, that s something you do when you are sure you will be able to easily replace him if the worst happens. IGs can be killed, and also there s allways a slim chance of espontaneous dissapearance (lagg or whatever) so you dont want to risk loosing a hard earned item just at random. Make it on a polearm and equip it on your merc.
If you have nigma, you won't loose you rusty because he get too far. He always around :smiley: