Used socketables?

HolyHammer

Diabloii.Net Member
Used socketables?

I seen a few posts about socketables where they make a point to note that the socketable item has not been previously used and Hel'd clean.

What are they worried about here? Is it a legit worry? Or is it like Meteor nerfing exp?

Von Lazuli

Diabloii.Net Member
It has to do with the Item Code of duped items.

I am probably not allowed to discuss it here, but I am led to beleive that there is a difference between Pre-runeworded socketables and Hel'd post-runeword socketables.

I have not seen any completely convincing evidence though.

Laz

k/t

Banned
Haha, like anyone's gonna believe what he's told...

"No, really, this Ist is legit." "This AP was not Heled clean." "This is a Baal GC."

ImMaClone

Diabloii.Net Member
There is a rumor where a heled item cannot be duped continuously while a clean one can. Also, a heled item may poof anytime if left unsocketed.

Something like that...believe in what you want.

DarkElmo

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it IS a myth - but I have been wrong B4 : The main reason is 1: Trade Advertisment - 2: Reassurance 3: BS to make it seem safe 4: (see where im goin with this) - - its a tactic to possible make something seem better then it is - like saying SoH Does something because its hard to get. Its not - its just as easy to get as any1 elses Item.

tingtingtatingting

Diabloii.Net Member
help me out

i tried posting this in a different forum, and then saw that this thread is the one to post in. let me start by saying im kind of a noob. i'm playing single player right now (stupid decision). im a level 26 necro and i'm stuck on mephisto. the dark lords kill all of my skellies almost instantaneously with the walls of fire(four skellies with 7 mastery and three mages). my golem dies pretty quickly as well. i usually bring a mercenary with me who takes a little longer to die. i can usually kill off a few goul lords. i tried louring all of the high council members into a room, TPing, and then waypointing back, but a few goul lords didnt follow me and ended up killing all of my skellies. i have decrepify, level one bone spear, amplify damage, and level two corpse explosion (plus a few other spells and whatnot that i dont really use). if somebody could please tell me a strategy or if i need to level first or whatever, thatd be great.

Lord Nyax

Banned
i tried posting this in a different forum, and then saw that this thread is the one to post in. let me start by saying im kind of a noob. i'm playing single player right now (stupid decision). im a level 26 necro and i'm stuck on mephisto. the dark lords kill all of my skellies almost instantaneously with the walls of fire(four skellies with 7 mastery and three mages). my golem dies pretty quickly as well. i usually bring a mercenary with me who takes a little longer to die. i can usually kill off a few goul lords. i tried louring all of the high council members into a room, TPing, and then waypointing back, but a few goul lords didnt follow me and ended up killing all of my skellies. i have decrepify, level one bone spear, amplify damage, and level two corpse explosion (plus a few other spells and whatnot that i dont really use). if somebody could please tell me a strategy or if i need to level first or whatever, thatd be great.
I'd really really really love to hear the chain of thought that led to this thread being "the right place" to post a question like this. I'm definitely interested...please write out your thought chain...please?

Check this forum out. It'll prolly be more useful to you.

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
But the aim for getting baal gc is to roll a 41-45 lifer anyway, so what's the difference to roll a nith and baal gc?