useast

Noxarcana

Diabloii.Net Member
useast

is it just me or is anyone else having this problem. for the past maybe 3 or 4 hours, when i try to connect to play online, it says unable to connect. But it does allow me to go into other realms but i only play on east

you've probably got realm down, which is a temp ip ban to prevent botting (happens when you do stuff too quickly, like mf or baals). its only from your realm, so yes you can play on other realms.

unable to connect and realm down are two differnt problems i think. whenever i get unable to connect, i quit diablo, restart and it's usually fine. sometimes i also get a similar message (don't remember exactly what it says) but it's followed by a long paragraph of copy. i have to sign off the internet completely and log in again to clear that one.

theres 2 that i get:

"realm down" where i can log in, but the character screen says realm down.

and unable to connect, where i cant even get to the login screen, you click on battlenet and it does some weird thing and u get a big unable to connect and a paragraph

2nd one is more common for me.

i just wait them out on the forums. ;)

if your "unable to connect" is the same as mine, you get it when you click on the bnet button. it'll try to connect for a few minutes then give you the message. if it takes more than 5 seconds or so, i know it's not going to connect and force quit diablo. sometimes it take a few times to get it to connect, but this always works for me.

Noxarcana

Diabloii.Net Member
lol tried again and doesnt work. the amount of times that i do it wont help because i think ive tried it well over 50 times ~~

so just wait?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
Noxarcana said:
lol tried again and doesnt work. the amount of times that i do it wont help because i think ive tried it well over 50 times ~~

so just wait?
you have a temporary IP ban (similar to a realm down). An IP ban is when you switch characters or joining games too often. I have no idea when you get a realm down instead of an IP ban. It seems totally random.

But one thing is for sure, the more times you try to login, the longer your ban will last. They last up to 48 hours.