[USEast L] Unique Sacred Armor?

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Nice find! :thumbsup: Now you can quit any time you like and be satisfied, eheh.
Licwid said:
You guys had me convinced it was a Templar's Might. I just identified it with no hope left...
Hehe, it seems to always work out that way; it's never what you think it is. When I saw my Tyrael's drop, I first thought it was a Corpsemourn. Then I hit alt to show items and saw it was a sacred armor; this convinced me it was a Templar's. Then I identified it... wrong again :D

So just keep hoping for Nagelrings, Nokozan Relics, Templar's, Horizon's Tornados, and Lightsabres.

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
Oscuro said:
Nice find! :thumbsup: Now you can quit any time you like and be satisfied, eheh.Hehe, it seems to always work out that way; it's never what you think it is. When I saw my Tyrael's drop, I first thought it was a Corpsemourn. Then I hit alt to show items and saw it was a sacred armor; this convinced me it was a Templar's. Then I identified it... wrong again :D

So just keep hoping for Nagelrings, Nokozan Relics, Templar's, Horizon's Tornados, and Lightsabres.
wow another uber lucky guy, i still cant believe that with my 2 k pits and my 3 k baal runz i havent found any unique sacred armors *sigh* :(

Licwid

Diabloii.Net Member
It seems like people are looking at this thread, so I need to ask. I know the price guide says the price is unlimited wealth, but can anyone tell me how many high runes I should expect out of this? No one is answering my thread in the Trade Values forum.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Licwid said:
It seems like people are looking at this thread, so I need to ask. I know the price guide says the price is unlimited wealth, but can anyone tell me how many high runes I should expect out of this? No one is answering my thread in the Trade Values forum.

Unlimited wealth essentially means... whatever you ask for, isn't going to be high enough. I remember someone saying 10 HR somewhere, either in this thread or the otherr related one... If that's the case, i'd go looking for 25, as far as an 'unlimited wealth' item goes. It's so rare that someone is bound and determined to be willing to pay that much for it.

Of course, someone else also said that it could go for an entire inventory worth of HR's... so try 40? Who knows. Literally, go name your price and see what people will offer you. Make a "Tyrael's here" pub game and watch the offers (Though many will just be utterly ridiculous) come in.

Or, perhaps your best bet - start an auction in the trade forums for it. That's a really nice Tyrael's, mid range defense, high res.... It should bring you quite a pretty penny.

On a similar note, since I can't get this answered anywhere else... I do happen to have a 299/9 stormlash, on NL east. Does anyone happen to know what this would go for? I believe it says 3+ ists on the ladder guide, but I'm not sure how directly that relates to NL.

Jell-O

Diabloii.Net Member
Not that this is the Trade Value-forum, but if you insist on selling it, I'd ask for stuff you can use that still have value.
If you need high-end runes, no problem there, but if you ask for them just to be able to trade for high life skillcharms or something later - ask for those right away instead :)

I'm not 100% sure it was a Tyrael's, but there was some item in the european tradeforum that people bid multiple runes for once, aswell as max/life charms, skill/life grands and whatnot, but you get the point.

That very rare item had lots and lots of value just a few months ago and probably still has, even more with good variables like yours, so don't sell it too fast and cheap..preferably not at all :surprise:

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
After a bit of research on ATMA after I got home from work, I stand corrected The Qlvl has no issues with Tyreals Might any unique sacred armor could be Tyreal's. Infact it seems to be roughly a 1-10 ratio of templars to tyreals based solely on chance to drop.
The part in bold is incorrect. Tyreal's is Qlvl 87, and thus unique sacred armours from, say, Pindleskin (mlvl 86) can only be Templar's.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
About the stormlash - thanks for the advice. I know this isn't the trade forum, but I've had it listed there for three bloody days and haven't seen a single reply. Got a private from someone offering 2x HR for it, I'll have to consider that.

Anyway... enough with the stormlash. Back to our regularly scheduled topic. :D

One thing that I would do, personally, is when I was running the Pits or whatever, pick up every rare sacred armor I can find. Checking for failed uniques, of course.

Wouldn't it piss you off to find a rare sacred with like 180 durability in the pits... which would mean, it tried to be Tyrael's, but it was a normal monster and it couldn't? >.<

wookie919

Diabloii.Net Member
quietus said:
One thing that I would do, personally, is when I was running the Pits or whatever, pick up every rare sacred armor I can find. Checking for failed uniques, of course.

Wouldn't it piss you off to find a rare sacred with like 180 durability in the pits... which would mean, it tried to be Tyrael's, but it was a normal monster and it couldn't? >.<
Buy why would you intentionally do something that could potentially piss you off? :confused:

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
wookie919 said:
Buy why would you intentionally do something that could potentially piss you off? :confused:
I'm pretty sure this won't happen; it will be a Templar's. Just like how normal Andariel won't ever drop a "failed soj" (rare ring), she will drop something like a Nagelring.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Oscuro said:
I'm pretty sure this won't happen; it will be a Templar's. Just like how normal Andariel won't ever drop a "failed soj" (rare ring), she will drop something like a Nagelring.
But doesn't the game simply go, check to see what base item to drop, then determine what quality, without checking to see if the ilvl will be high enough to support that quality? And then, it goes and checks for which to drop... which, if 1/9 will be Tyrael's.... it could happen that it goes drop->unique->Tyrael->RARE ?

An interesting thing for me to play around with. :p

As for why would I do something that would piss me off? Well... because the chance of me being pissed off is quite low, compared to how much it would bug me *NOT* to check. Curiosity and all that. lol.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
When the unique quality is rolled, the rarity of all uniques with a Qlvl equal or lower than the Ilvl is added up and the individual rarities are checked against this number. At Ilvl 86 the total rarity would be 8 (from Templar's) and the individual rarity for Templar's would be 8, giving it a 100% chance to spawn. If the unique spawned before in the same game it's still added.

So it's like this at Ilvl 86
monster kill -> pick -> sacred armor -> unique -> Templar's Might

Webber

Diabloii.Net Member
quietus said:
But doesn't the game simply go, check to see what base item to drop, then determine what quality, without checking to see if the ilvl will be high enough to support that quality? And then, it goes and checks for which to drop... which, if 1/9 will be Tyrael's... it could happen that it goes
drop->unique->Tyrael->RARE ?
The Game would go more like this:

drop->TC->Sacred Armor->unique->Tyrael's.
Then when it can't drop Tyrael's, it will instead drop Templar's.
Correct me if wrong, but i'm pretty sure thats how it works.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Webber said:
The Game would go more like this:

drop->TC->Sacred Armor->unique->Tyrael's.
Then when it can't drop Tyrael's, it will instead drop Templar's.
Correct me if wrong, but i'm pretty sure thats how it works.
Actually it would drop the quality to rare and give it the bonus to durability if it hit the Tyreals and the Qlvl wasn't high enough. (but thats not acurate)

But, RTB has the right pattern. Tyreals isn't even considered if the Qlvl is too low.

Also note if you were to have already found a templars, and another unique sacred armor would drop the 8/9 chance would still be there when templar's is rolled it would drop to the rare failed unique again. So if you find a templars then you may way to save exit and begin again so just in case a second unique sacred armor drops it has the ability to be a second templars.

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Uzziah said:
Also note if you were to have already found a templars, and another unique sacred armor would drop the 8/9 chance would still be there when templar's is rolled it would drop to the rare failed unique again. So if you find a templars then you may way to save exit and begin again so just in case a second unique sacred armor drops it has the ability to be a second templars.
Good idea. If you're really lucky though, you might get another unique sacred armor which rolls for Tyrael's in the same game. How cool would it be to have an unidentified Tyrael's? :D

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Just to nitpick ... Cow's set cannot drop in the Pits. :thumbsup: Other than that any Unique and Set item can drop there and other level 85 areas. Of course, a Tyrael's cannot drop from a regular monster there though ...

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Uzziah said:
Actually it would drop the quality to rare and give it the bonus to durability if it hit the Tyreals and the Qlvl wasn't high enough. (but thats not acurate)
If an item is to be unique, the game will generate one from those which are possible, so if it can drop Templar's, but not Tarael's (which is the case for any standard monster), no failed unique will be generated, but a Templar's will drop (assuming that armor hasn't dropped in that game yet). If its monster level is too low for both Tyrael's and Templar's (I doubt that this is possible, as sacred armors are from the armo87 TC), then it will generate a failed unique armor (a rare with triple durability). It's like that with any item.

Oscuro said:
Good idea. If you're really lucky though, you might get another unique sacred armor which rolls for Tyrael's in the same game. How cool would it be to have an unidentified Tyrael's? :D
It will be a little hard to prove that it will be Tyrael's upon identification. BTW, even indestructible items will display a durability (which might not even be at maximum) in unid state... I checked that with one of my unid Stormshields ;)