Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[USEast L] Unique Sacred Armor?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Licwid, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Licwid

Licwid IncGamers Member

[USEast L] Unique Sacred Armor?

I found a Unique Sacred Armor about 30 minutes ago in the pits. I'd like to know what are the chances that it's a Tyrael's Might. I'm scared to identify it. :D

Edit: Also, the base defense of the armor is 601 while the guide says it's supposed to be 487-600. I'm confused...

2. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

Pretty sure only Baal can drop Tyrael's Might. Don't get your hopes up :-D

3. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

4. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

I believe EVERYTHING can drop in the pits.

The link is not useful because it gives the chances of monsters dropping Tyrael's Might, not the chance of an unidentified Sacred Armour being a Tyrael's might.

We already know that the item is either going to be a Templar's Might or a Tyrael's Might.

I do not know, but you might as well believe that you have 99.9% chance of getting a Tyrael's because luck owns probability. :)

5. superdave

check the post directly above mine and you will see why i included the link wookie...i am sure that link is still more useful than yours? wait you didn't have the answer for him either right?

perhaps RTB may have the answer...he usually pokes his head in at this time of night

6. wookie919

Sorry, didn't know you gave the link to provide the answer for that particular post.

I am currently trying to find out the odds of an unique phase blade being an Azurewrath or a Lightsabre... I am sure I read it somewhere to be 50/50... Just can't remember where... ARG... :(

EDIT: Below link gives the probability of a phase blade being an Azurewrath. Not 50/50 as I hoped, probably indicating that the sacred armor is more likely to be a Templar's Might.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=334152&highlight=azure+lightsabre

7. superdave

i am sure that someone who has downloaded atmas can work out the numbers

"Edit: Also, the base defense of the armor is 601 while the guide says it's supposed to be 487-600. I'm confused..."

i think all unid sacreds either set or uniques will show 601...it is actually max+1

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Not everything can drop in the pits. Example: GCs with 41+ life. Only Baal, Nilathak and Diablo can drop them. However, any unique and set item can drop there.

Only the bosses and champions in the L85 areas like the Pits (and bosses in monster level 86 areas) can drop any unique item, as only they have monster level 87 or higher. That means in this case, if a boss or champion dropped the armor, the chances are 1 in 9 that it's Tyrael's Might because that armor has a qlvl of 87. Other monsters always drop Templar's Might.

Armor with a %ed bonus always has a base defense of maximum+1 which is 601 for sacred armors. Both Tyrael's and Templar's have that bonus, so it isn't an indicator for which armor it actually is.

9. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

If they didn't change anything since the time I still played d2, it should have no durability at all if it's Tyrael's since it has the indestructible mod.
    So if it has durability or even is ethereal in it's unid form it could only be Templar's.

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Heh, where's this level 86 area(s) that you speak of? DiabloIII ? :D

11. krischan

Hmm, yes, it seems I confused 85-1 with 85+1 :)

Regarding unid indestructible items: I'm quite sure that indestructible items have durability as well (which will be displayed in their unid state), but it will neither be displayed nor reduced by any means if the item is identiefied and indestructible. When I'm home, I will check one of my unid stormshields and we will know ;)

If the armor is ethereal, it's Templar's Might in any case because indestructible items cannot be ethereal by chance - it's only possible if etherealness is a fixed mod of the item.

12. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

Come to think of it, they probably changed the durability thing.
    Indestructibles in unid form had none in previous patches, but I think my 1.1 stormshields did have durability before being identified :eek:

13. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Just ID the armor, no one who is legitly playing will see this as a problem. It's like finding a gold ring you have to ID it to know that it's an SoJ. The likelyhood is that you have yourself a templar's, IIRC you need to get tyreals from Hell Baal due to the high Qlvl requirement on the tyreal's. don't hold me to that I don't usually pay attention to such dribble since I don't MF.

14. krischan

Yes, they do have durabilty. The one I checked has 71 of 86 durability - it seems somebody used it before it became indestructible :)

15. Licwid

Licwid IncGamers Member

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! You guys had me convinced it was a Templar's Might. I just identified it with no hope left, but it turned out to be a Tyrael's. Considering how bad my luck usually is, this is probably the luckiest thing that has ever happened to me. Just incase you're wondering the changable stats are 59% Damage to Demons, 130% Enhanced Defense, 29 Strength, and 28 Resist All. :lol:

16. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

grats on an awesome find! :eek:

17. wookie919

Congrats! Told you you had 99.9% chance of getting one. ;)

18. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

youre lucky ive been the entire ladder season 1 mfing pits and now this entire season 2 mfing baal and no unique sacred armor, and trust me ive done A LOT of runs.

Btw im very sure that 1/9 of unique sacred are tyraels, and that the chance of a unique phase blade is not 50/50

19. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

After a bit of research on ATMA after I got home from work, I stand corrected The Qlvl has no issues with Tyreals Might any unique sacred armor could be Tyreal's. Infact it seems to be roughly a 1-10 ratio of templars to tyreals based solely on chance to drop.

Sorry for any confusion.

Congrads on the find!

20. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

kris correctly pointed out that 1 in 9 eligible unique Sacred Armours will be Tyraels.

1 in 6 Scourges will be Stormlashes
    1 in 5 Legendary Mallets will be Schaefers
    1 in 6 Phase Blades will be Azurewrath
    (all assuming a high enough ilvl item to get either).

All other multiple uniques of one type (except rings and amulets obviously) are equally distributed.

Also of vague interest may be that 3/10 sufficiently high set Caps will be Sanders (the rest Infernals). That is the only set item pair (again apart from rings and ammies) of differing rarity.