Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

useast hammerdin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by brc33, Mar 24, 2004.

1. brc33

brc33 Banned

useast hammerdin

ive started my new hammerdin and i have been following the guide posted here, is there anyone else that has done this build and has some additional tips, im still in the process of lvling up, im only at about 13 but by tonight i should be at 24 or so if im able to play much, how effective are hammerdins in pvp? and in pvm? this is my first time back scince the patch so sorry to ask such dumb questions.

2. Pombe

Pombe IncGamers Member

I only play pvm but I will say that I love my hammerdin for mf. he's built pretty poorly (first ladder character, wasted a bunch of points) but he still does 6500 damage per hammer in full mf gear. every normal monster in the pits dies in one hit. I can solo the pits in 8 player games easily. Eventually I'll probably be using him to do hellforge rushes once I get an enigma (with a zealot for the maggot lair) and he should have no problem what so ever.

as far as pvp I would think that a hammerdin would be pretty hard as you cant really aim very well unless you're standing right next to someone. But like I said, I dont duel.

as far as tips are concerned I would max blessed hammer and concentration first and then put points in vigor (running fast is good) and finally blessed aim. when I built mine I sort of sprinkled the points around through the synergies and didnt see real decent damage for the hammers until I got to level 70 and went back and did all my skill quests. I still did OK, it took a while for him to come into his own.

Also, if you're going to be pure hammers do not put any points in any other skills. I know that couple of points in might or zeal looks pretty attractive at level 10 when you start having trouble killing things, but hold back. its worth it in the long run. with a decent base weapon on the switch you should do plenty of damage with a single point in charge to take care of those annoying single targets. The only other skills that I use are holy shield and redemption. both are critical to your survival.

Get a holy freeze or defiance merc and give him some decent gear. Mine has bonehew (hel/amn), crown of theives and shaftstop and he does fine. 5000 max damage with my concentration aura and 18% (?) leech. Makes things a lot faster since he'll mop up all those little yellow buggers in the pits and gives the archers something else to shoot at.

good luck.

3. brc33

brc33 Banned

thanks, i already used one point in might :scratch: , but i dont feel like starting over, so oh well i guess ill just scratch that point, but thanks for the help. it should be easier now

4. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

i think u need to put a point in might to get concentration man lol

5. Ironcarrot

Ironcarrot IncGamers Member

Put a point at least in vigour when it is available I found it increidbly useful,
    follow the mathmatical guide to damage to be found in a link in a sticky.

Be patient and you can find plus 2 to skills and 3 to blessed hammer mace from sellers which freakin rules but its not a hell weapon, keep skulls and valuable wands for when ever you need about 200k to buy one.

And playing untwinked i dont reccommend following any ideal equip suggestions unless you are well versed in trading, Ive played for a few months now and found precisely squat, keep an eye out for pikes, scythes etc and pick ones with leech and freeze/ prevent monster heal/ monster slow. People generally leave these in group games and they are great for a new chars merc.

6. ChumpChimp

ChumpChimp IncGamers Member

Just a tip, 4 socket armors with sapphires help with mana issues at low lvls. Also, from 12-17 put points in blessed aim, it will really boost the hammer damage when you get it. Plus, it helps with mana problems because it adds damage without adding mana cost, while points in hammer at low levels can really hurt your little blue bulb=)

Chump

7. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

actrually you should try not to even pump bless aim until like late game. I found that bless aim is the most useless syn over all the other. While the other which is vigor can help you run faster even with out any good boot. And I do that with my first hammerdin ever made. His now lvl 90 and do 10k-11k damage per hammer. Which cta even black soul doesn't do much damage to me with my 85 lr

8. ChumpChimp

ChumpChimp IncGamers Member

Unless you wanna pump energy, which is foolish, getting a few points in blessed aim is good. It pumps hammer damage and keeps mana cost low which is really important early on.

Chump

9. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

Yeaa IMCL85 is right
    You put like 3 pts in Blessed Aim cuz you cant do anything else so u might as well. Then wen u can you shoud max hammers first then switch btwn Conc and Vigor, since its more helpful than having high BA eearly on.