Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Use of a loader

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Corn, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Corn

Corn IncGamers Member

Use of a loader

So is the use of a loader illegal and bannable? I ask because those random occasional times when my comp is loading the CD freezes my game up for a few seconds and I've had some close calls already becaues of it =/

And if it's not bannable, will using a loader get rid of those random lags? I mean, there's no CD to load so I'm assuming yes.

Someone fill me please. Much appreciated. :)

2. Manago

Manago IncGamers Member

Blizzard has said before that it's not allowed and you will be banned if caught. Are they actively looking for ways to stop you from using it? Maybe, maybe not. The fact it exists and can/does change the game data allows for any random programmer to make a plug (pindle bot anyone?) for it much easier. I'd be more worried of where you would find a d2loader that wasn't somehow tamperred with so you lose your account/cdkey.

Yes it's bannable, don't think anyone really knows if they have it as a top priority (at least I'd hope they're working on other things first...), try copying all your .mpq files directly off your CD into your D2 folder. There's a walkthrough somewhere of how to fix the pause at shenk (and random CD spin-ups for loading various things [sounds?]) you don't need to break the rules to get around it.

3. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

You typed the walkthrough at already without knowing it!

Just copy the .mpq files off your LOD cd into your \diablo folder. There will already be a few other .mpq's there so its easy to find the right place.

You will still need the cd in the drive every time you start the game but after it's running you can throw the cd in the garbage for all the game cares. It's "legal" too.

-hps

4. Corn

Corn IncGamers Member

Thanks guys. So far so good.

Offtopic but, it's pissing me off the fact that the player pool for USWest hardcore classic is so small T_T

I went onto East for a sec into xbananax to say whats up but no one responded :(

East didn't appear to have more games up than West, but I'm assuming there are more players that do cs runs together because of the lvls of chars I see on the ladder.

So what's up with East? More people than West? I'm afraid if I switch realms, my ping will mess with me, as I live on the West coast.

5. Power_Play

Power_Play IncGamers Member

Simple working solution: make images (iso) from your game CD's and run them via Daemon Tools or the like.

I've done it and it works perfectly :)

6. Halas

Halas IncGamers Member

I play on east (not classic though) and live in CA. Ping/lag aren't that big of an issue. Besides, I found way more forum goers on East then when I was on West. As for op xbananax it's usually an afk channel, although there are occassional times when multiple people are around. If you keep stopping by, you'll eventually run into someone.

7. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

Loaders are and have always been detectable. Blizzard has never banned for loaders only, though. Now, if you get one with popular maphacks and others things built in, your account will probably get fried. BTW, all the big-time maphackers have given up after Bliz's last attack on them.

8. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

Blizzard should include a loader in there product to encourage people to purchase more than 1 license.

It would make good buisness sense.

9. Corn

Corn IncGamers Member

UPDATE: Working fine until....

a little error message pops up and says I dont have my D2 cd :(

Oh dear god why T_T

10. Corn

Corn IncGamers Member

Hm yea, so this is happening more and more now. It was actually working just fine w/o the CD, but now I can't play more than 15 min w/o the CD. I copied all the .mpq files off the CD into my D2 folder like you suggested. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the location to put the .mpq files on the D2 folder is not in any subfolder right? Because the only place I see other .mpq files is in the d2 main folder. Did I do this right?

Your help is much appreciated :grin:

11. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

I would try turning your music off... but that's just a guess. You can also hit control-m to turn your channel music off.